New Years Eve 2023

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Me and Missis T were in bed for 10.20 at a B and B in Cardiff. Man flu has come back with a vengeance. ? which I thought I had got rid of Xmas day.
Lo and behold a good Italian friend face timed me at 00.20 this morning. ?
Dragging me butt out this morning for a drive up to Brecon via Aberfan to pay me respects.
:cry::cry::cry:
(y)

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Haha, there's no rule book for that one, so I am free to choose. One year I left them all up until the 10th of Jan.
My brother-in-law took all his down yesterday morning.
This is interesting though.
I've had conversations with people who don't even agree on the date of "12th night". I find that very amusing.
Pagan festival hijacked by other religions.
I'm not constrained by any.
Not Pagan. Introduced in the 6th century by the Roman Catholic Church. But I acknowledge tradition not religion ;)

Voyager EMH

Visit site
Pre-Christian Rome had Saturnalia and northern Europeans saw the winter solstice as a very important time of the year. Many of our traditions are from pre-Christian times.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
We had a takeaway curry then two friends came over and we played a selection of board games. Watched Sam Ryder on TV up until midnight, he was very entertaining.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
We had a takeaway curry then two friends came over and we played a selection of board games. Watched Sam Ryder on TV up until midnight, he was very entertaining.

I didn't see him but every time he's on TV I'm quite taken with him - seems a really nice guy who has taken the opportunity afforded him and really made the most of it without becoming a complete plonker!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I didn't see him but every time he's on TV I'm quite taken with him - seems a really nice guy who has taken the opportunity afforded him and really made the most of it without becoming a complete plonker!
Yeah, I really like him. He has an incredible vocal range and has a constant smile on his face all the time. As you say he just seems so chuffed with every opportunity he gets to perform.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Had an early night although sleep was difficult as fireworks were going off locally from about 9.30 onwards and a huge display at a Georgian Manor now a party/wedding venue that is a five minute walk from the house at midnight. On the plus side no fuzzy head and so up and at them and playing golf at 8.30 this morning

HomecountiesJohn

Visit site
I had a fantastic time in London last night with my son and daughter. We met my brother, his family and there pals at oxo Tower Restaurant for a wonder evening of Food, Wine and Entertainment. it’s a fabulous view of London up there, highly recommended.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
A clock that’s bigger than your TV? ??

It’s odd what you see when looking at photos. The TV, on it is Vicky McClure and John Harris. The programme is based in Nottinghamshire and a lot of the footage was filmed in the mining town of Clipstone, with footage shot in Garra (Garibaldi estate).
They are the next village along from me. That village is half of our RBL branch. ?

That aside the dogs have made themselves comfy ??

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Haha, there's no rule book for that one, so I am free to choose. One year I left them all up until the 10th of Jan.
My brother-in-law took all his down yesterday morning.
This is interesting though.
I've had conversations with people who don't even agree on the date of "12th night". I find that very amusing.
Pagan festival hijacked by other religions.
I'm not constrained by any.
Took mine down on the 29th this year. I never have Xmas deccies up on Jan 1st. New year, new start:)

Voyager EMH

Visit site
It’s odd what you see when looking at photos. The TV, on it is Vicky McClure and John Harris. The programme is based in Nottinghamshire and a lot of the footage was filmed in the mining town of Clipstone, with footage shot in Garra (Garibaldi estate).
They are the next village along from me. That village is half of our RBL branch. ?

That aside the dogs have made themselves comfy ??
I've been wondering about what the Stanley measuring tape might get used for.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have only just come to this thread simply because I do not worry about events that are nearly a year away so early, talk about Christmas starting earlier and earlier
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: