New Venture - Indoor Golf Centre

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Good luck Sam, shame it's not closer:(
One of the local Pros set one up in a warehouse unit about 5 years back.
Didn't really get off the ground as they didn't seem to push it and, ultimately, it just worked out to be too expensive.
Having Orka there will help for sure.(y)

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Good luck Sam, shame it's not closer:(
One of the local Pros set one up in a warehouse unit about 5 years back.
Didn't really get off the ground as they didn't seem to push it and, ultimately, it just worked out to be too expensive.
Having Orka there will help for sure.(y)
A golf club pro being lazy? Never! I won’t have it.

They just expect business to walk through the door

D

Deleted member 18588

A golf club pro being lazy? Never! I won’t have it.

They just expect business to walk through the door

A sweeping generalisation that in nearly 50 years golfing and having played at over 200 clubs in the UK aloneI have not found to be the case.

Maybe true of a few but many more show a keen commercial awareness.

HamiltonGuy

Visit site
Forgot to add that fairways indoor range in glasgow is now a part of my home club, you could maybe look to try get in a local club like they are, they now have a small pro shop just outside the main club house
What club are you at? What benefits do you get for this?

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Sandyhills, im not sure yet it was being set up just before the lockdown there is some deals for lessons posted on the notice board and some other things but iv not really read through them,

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
A sweeping generalisation that in nearly 50 years golfing and having played at over 200 clubs in the UK aloneI have not found to be the case.

Maybe true of a few but many more show a keen commercial awareness.
Need to remember, I spend every minute of my working day dealing with golf club pros.

Having played a course doesn’t mean you have awareness of how they operate. So obviously I’m generalising and there are many that are successful, but I can assure you a large number fo them are quite content to moan about how tough they’ve got it yet not do anything about it

D

Deleted member 18588

Need to remember, I spend every minute of my working day dealing with golf club pros.

Having played a course doesn’t mean you have awareness of how they operate. So obviously I’m generalising and there are many that are successful, but I can assure you a large number fo them are quite content to moan about how tough they’ve got it yet not do anything about it

And being a rep for one relatively small company for a year or so doesn't give you an insight into how several thousand pro's operate ther businesses.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Like everything you get good and bad, you get lazy and proactive, helpful and ignorant.

That's life.

A good professional is a great asset.

oxymoron

Club Champion
Visit site
In the current economic and social climate its good to hear someone being positive so good luck with your
venture .(y)

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
A guy I know set up a new business at the start of March..... he is probably panicking but it isn't stopping him (metaphorically) running around and doing all he can to get it going.

With all the clay based courses around Swindon, another wet winter they will be queuing round the block!! 'Bassett was closed for months!