New Top 100 Rankings

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just seen the new rankings released. Generally not too much change.

I have no idea how Swinley can be ranked so low.

I love being a member at Burnham and Berrow, but it is not better than Swinley

D

Deleted Member 1156

Biggest surprise for me is Saunton West dropping 9 places despite all the changes that have been made. Not played it myself since the changes but all the comments I've heard have been positive. Also Adare Manor straight in at #25, I bumped into MikeH at Dublin airport when he was on his way back from there, he said it was fabulous. Birkdale still #1 in England, hard to argue against that, my own club continues to rise and with the planned changes over the next couple of years that should continue :)

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Biggest surprise for me is Saunton West dropping 9 places despite all the changes that have been made. Not played it myself since the changes but all the comments I've heard have been positive. Also Adare Manor straight in at #25, I bumped into MikeH at Dublin airport when he was on his way back from there, he said it was fabulous. Birkdale still #1 in England, hard to argue against that, my own club continues to rise and with the planned changes over the next couple of years that should continue :)

Imagine if they sorted out the 7th Gordon!

D

Deleted member 15344

Cinque Ports and Swinley so low is a crime

Cinque Ports is better than Hoylake and Burnham and can never understand why it’s always down in the 50’s -Royal West Norfolk ahead it ?!? it’s hard to pick a fault with it and County Down dropping places ?! Just no - some very disappointing rankings this year

D

Deleted member 17920

From the New and Re Entry I want to know who lost there place in the top 100.

Can anyone remember.

I thought that The Machrie might go in higher than what is has.

I have now played 54 from that list.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted Member 1156

Can anyone remember.

Not checked to see if it is still there Glyn but possibly Pennard?

D

Deleted Member 1156

Have GM ever totted up the cost of playing the top 100 in terms of a standard week day green fee? It would be an interesting item.
I think if you worked on an average green fee of £120 you wouldn't be too far off the mark. Lots of clubs around £200 but also lots in the £75-100 bracket. Based on that it would be £12k :eek:

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Onl

Can anyone remember.

Only 21 for me... :(

Good to see S&A going up. I love that course. It's one of the most "enjoyable" Links courses I've played...

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
My apologies, I was under the impression that a forum was where folk were allowed to air their opinions on the topics being discussed, my bad.
absolutely but what does your comment add to the thread? all you're going to get is people (like me) responding with what i did.

not interested in it, don't comment