New to the forum, and have a dream

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
As I said in a previous reply I'm not actually aiming for the seniors tour, I'm 20 years too young for that just now. I have hardly played over the last 2-3 years 6 medal rounds last year and 3 the year before and still managing to chip away at my handicap of 5. I'm now in a position that I can play more golf and have a renewed enthusiasm for the game and I am going to see if I can achieve a goal of competing in a professional tournament as a professional golfer at some point in my life. I am not a pro at the moment or have any coaching experience. I am going it alone to see what I can achieve. Main focus is short game, mental approach to complete game and fitness.

Wish you the best of luck mate. One of my dreams has always been to play a European Tour Q School event. Not necessarily bothered about winning, but would love to get the handicap low enough to give it a shot and at least enter the first round. Going to take a lot to get to that point though.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Googd luck. There's no reason why you won't succeed providing you put in the graft. Someone earlier in the thread mentions a book called "Bounce." Just read the first half of it, it gets very repetitive. Basically, good quality practice and repitition is the only thing that will get you there - that's the book condensed down to 14 words.

AP_DREAMCHASE

Visit site
Where abouts to you live out of interest?

If you are local to Leeds/West Yorkshire I would love to meet you and discuss your mental approach further. Maybe offer a few free sessions and blog your progress.

That's a very kind offer, unfortunately I'm in Glasgow so a bit of a distance from Leeds.

D

Deleted member 15344

Never mind. If you have any specific problems that are holding you back then feel free to send me a message and I will do my best to help even if we can't do any full sessions in person.

How's it going with that guy you were helping last year and were blogging it ? Did he reach single figures ( think that was the aim ) ?

G_Mulligan

Tour Rookie
www.thegolfpsychologist.co.uk
How's it going with that guy you were helping last year and were blogging it ? Did he reach single figures ( think that was the aim ) ?

I think you asked me that a while back. He had a second child and then had to change jobs after being made redundant and golf was forced to take a back seat. I have not heard from him in a while but last time we spoke he was doing well, playing golf once a month at most but enjoying it and playing to around 20.

D

Deleted member 15344

I think you asked me that a while back. He had a second child and then had to change jobs after being made redundant and golf was forced to take a back seat. I have not heard from him in a while but last time we spoke he was doing well, playing golf once a month at most but enjoying it and playing to around 20.

How many other golfers are you currently working with ?

Any success stories ?

G_Mulligan

Tour Rookie
How many other golfers are you currently working with ?

Any success stories ?

Just two at the moment it has been a quiet winter but have a meeting on Tuesday which could open several new avenues. I have spent my time getting all my flow research together and putting it into practice. It is a huge eye opener at how powerful the mind can be when we just get out of our own way and let it get on with things itself.

D

Deleted member 15344

Just two at the moment it has been a quiet winter but have a meeting on Tuesday which could open several new avenues. I have spent my time getting all my flow research together and putting it into practice. It is a huge eye opener at how powerful the mind can be when we just get out of our own way and let it get on with things itself.

Any success with the two golfers ?

D

Deleted member 15344

yes they are both playing better, with more freedom and enjoyment and happy with how things are going.
HC reductions ? Wins etc ?

Surprised you haven't updated your website with it all ?

G_Mulligan

Tour Rookie
How is your own golf coming along? have you been able to put flow into action yourself?

To an extent. I had a really good autumn, hitting the ball better than ever and really getting some consistency and freedom into my game. More than anything I was really enjoying myself. Even if I was having a few bad holes or a poor score I was playing with a smile and feeling relaxed and confident. Then my wife and I had our first baby (Henry) in December and I did not swing a club until April and have not been able to afford my membership renewal due to my wife's Maternity pay.

It's a shame about the golf, poor timing but I would not change a thing he is AMAZING! I was in a really good place and was really making huge progress I think my last two scores of the year were 40 and 43 with a really clear idea of what I still needed to work on to continue improving. They are only babies once though and I have loved spending the evenings and weekends at home and not at the course.

AP_DREAMCHASE

Visit site
Where abouts to you live out of interest?

If you are local to Leeds/West Yorkshire I would love to meet you and discuss your mental approach further. Maybe offer a few free sessions and blog your progress.

Never mind. If you have any specific problems that are holding you back then feel free to send me a message and I will do my best to help even if we can't do any full sessions in person.

That would be amazing if you could help me out. It's a part of the game I need to make the most improvement on and will make the biggest difference to my golf.

groundskeeperwilly

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
OP - go for it. You're already a decent player so there's no harm in having a lofty goal. My experience from pro level sport has shown me that as many 'grafters' make it as talent laden players so stick at it!

My advice (without knowing anything about you, where you play, what your plans are etc) would be to get on the GolfEmpire website and enter a few of the more 'elite' events on hard courses. Should be a good experience and test you on tough courses as-well as the added 'pressure' of playing off the back tee's in competition?

AP_DREAMCHASE

Visit site
OP - go for it. You're already a decent player so there's no harm in having a lofty goal. My experience from pro level sport has shown me that as many 'grafters' make it as talent laden players so stick at it!

My advice (without knowing anything about you, where you play, what your plans are etc) would be to get on the GolfEmpire website and enter a few of the more 'elite' events on hard courses. Should be a good experience and test you on tough courses as-well as the added 'pressure' of playing off the back tee's in competition?

Thanks for the nice comments.

I had never heard of that website, I'll give it a look.