New to the forum, and have a dream

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
To an extent. I had a really good autumn, hitting the ball better than ever and really getting some consistency and freedom into my game. More than anything I was really enjoying myself. Even if I was having a few bad holes or a poor score I was playing with a smile and feeling relaxed and confident. Then my wife and I had our first baby (Henry) in December and I did not swing a club until April and have not been able to afford my membership renewal due to my wife's Maternity pay.

It's a shame about the golf, poor timing but I would not change a thing he is AMAZING! I was in a really good place and was really making huge progress I think my last two scores of the year were 40 and 43 with a really clear idea of what I still needed to work on to continue improving. They are only babies once though and I have loved spending the evenings and weekends at home and not at the course.

Congrats on the wee one. Remember you still have to have some 'you' time. Keep plugging away as this game demands a lot of continual work. My mate has got himself back out recently after nt touching a club for 6months. He's played everyday this week and is back making strides again. Good luck.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
This senior golfer just loves taking money off low H/C whippersnappers , so give me a PM and arrange a game., free advice included. :ears::lol:

Ando2600

Hacker
Visit site
Good luck, it would be amazing if you could do that. There is a book called 'bring me the head of sergio garcia' written by a guy who was a decent junior who goes pro after 10 years not playing. He was off five I think at the time. Its a while since I read it but from memory he played some europro events and shot in the 100s, and got DQ from open qualifying for not noticing he had played a wrong ball. .

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Good luck, it would be amazing if you could do that. There is a book called 'bring me the head of sergio garcia' written by a guy who was a decent junior who goes pro after 10 years not playing. He was off five I think at the time. Its a while since I read it but from memory he played some europro events and shot in the 100s, and got DQ from open qualifying for not noticing he had played a wrong ball. .

I read it a while back too. Was a decent read.

AP_DREAMCHASE

Visit site
Interesting day of golf yesterday, wind was blowing really hard. Was about as bad as I have ever played in and to make it worse it was gusting so club selection was pretty difficult.

By the time I got to the 10th tee I was 1 over par and only had 1 par on my card, interesting 9 holes to say the least! Ended up 7 over for the last 7 with 2 double bogeys in amongst it. Putted really well all day and was really happy with the long game considering the weather but short game was shocking. Much room for improvement there and the cause of so many of the dropped shots.

Got a little bit ahead of myself as well and started thinking about my score walking down 13th fairway which was silly. Still happy enough with progress so far and I feel I'm moving in the right direction and working on the right things.