New Star Trek Film

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not long gotten back from the Pictures... Wow, can't express how much I enjoyed the new film... dying to tell all, but resisting. If anyone loved the original series, this is actually a pleasent suprise & full of familiar little laughs...

Sylar from Hero's makes an absolutely crackin Spock. And I was even pleasently suprised by the young chap who played Kirk... All the characters seemed to slot into the rolls as if it was only yesterday that the original series ended.

Its different but the same.

These guys could slot into a brand new series tomorrow & the chemistry that the original cast had, would be there as if it was the originals... No they are not the originals & I still love the original series & I'm going to dig out all the old VHS's & sit down upstairs infront of the portable tonight. But was very impressed with the new cast.

JJ Abrams, who does Fringe & I believe was responsible for Lost(Never watched Lost, but love Fringe), seems to havepicked up the Torch left by Gene Roddenberry & run with it. Apparently Abrams, wasn't a Trekkie & yet you'd never think it when watching this.

I hate to big it up... But came back home really hyper after watching it.

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wasn't overly Taken with Cloverfield, though even that ha its moments & the underlying plot was interesting...

But Really glad I managed to see The new Trek film.

Was going to post a clip, but really don't want to give too much away.

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
I saw the trailer for it the other evening. I'm not a 'Trekkie', but it looked as if the film was going for more of a mass market appeal. All set pieces and special effects. Maybe it's just another space action movie?

But I have to say I'm more tempted this time around though.

Gustavo

Head Pro
Visit site
When I was a kid, the Shatner series were on TV, repeats, it was the 80's. I was a bit of a fan, but not that much. It was the kind of programme that everyone watched, ie Happy Days, Dallas, The A-Team, Monkey or Knight Rider etc. The thing is, I never really bothered with any of the other series since the original. I've watched a few here and there, I once had an ex-girlfriend that had a crush on Worf so I had to endure the odd bit of Next Generation here and there. But, WOW, the new film is fantastic !! Mrs Gustavo-to-be and I went to see this today, and it was great. I thoroughly enjoyed. I won't spoil anything for anything, but I can thoroughly recommend it.

Take your own munchies. I got ripped off. :mad:

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We took our own Maltesers, M&M's & a bottle of water... I'm sick of paying silly money for the food & drink at the cinema, especially in this day & age. Its not something you aresuposed to do & Cinemas can get shirty about it, but when I've paid quite a bit for the tickets I don't want to get ripped off again on a bag of sweets & a cup of pop. Especially as I can drop into Sainsburys on the way to see the film.

Can't wait to see the next film

I remember watching the Originalseries back in the late 60's, when I was a kid & StarTrek was the highlight of our week.

The acting & sets from the original series may seem a bit clunky & dated these days, compared with some, but having grown up with StarTrek, with Shatner, Nimoy & Co'. At the time it was quite special & almost one of a type.

There was I supose Erwin Allen's Voyage to the Bottom of the sea & then Time Tunnel, but Star Trek was King of the crop & even today when I know better I still love watching the original series :cool: I do have my favorites too.

Next Generation had its moment, Voyager, especially so. DS9 was refreshingly dark & Enterprise, even with Scott Bakula was great & did at times have some of the magic. But for me, the original series & what I saw yesterday, was & will always be, startrek :cool: :cool: :D