New shinies

• Thread starter Deleted member 18121
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 18121

Picked up my new shinies last night, no time to practice. First hit will be on the tee tomorrow.

Chances of a good round..... Who knows.

D

Deleted member 18121

Yep cobra king f7 one lengths..... Just unpacked them now and they're proper sexy.

The only thing playing on my mind is I have no idea how far any of them go. Do I keep in mind what the YouTube reviews said.... Ie the shorter clubs go a bit longer, but saying that my callaways were cranked lofts anyway.

And the course of choice.... The woosnam at dale hill. What could go wrong.

Might see if I can find my game golf....could be a plan.

Birdie2

Club Champion
Visit site
I'd be interested to hear how you get on with these. Have been eyeing up the one lengths for a while now. Thinking maybe a combo set? Is this possible?

I like the idea of one length from 9-4 but would want normal wedges!!

94tegsi

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Very surprised I've never seen anyone playing single length from 7 up and normal clubs from 8 to wedges. Seems an ideal set up to me.

D

Deleted member 18121

Just got in.... The woosnam course at dale hill is fantastic, a little boggy in places but I'd love to play there regularly.

As for the cobra one lengths.... I'm a 14 handicapper and I played to 13 today. Admittedly off the yellows, but shot 84.

I absolutely love the clubs, they feel like butter when you get it right and the bad strikes aren't affected too much. The 4 and 5 irons are absolute dreams to hit.... And I mean seriously easy. 4 iron with run out was getting around the 210 yard mark.... I even joked mid that I may take it to bed tonight.

The shorter clubs took a little more getting used to. Took a few holes to work out how far I hit stuff, but found zero issues with getting the ball in the air and found it had good control.

For a first outing I really have no complaints, I really think they could be a great addition to my game.

Happy to answer any questions....

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
210 with a short 4 iron is long at this time of the year in the UK? I hit my 4 iron (Ping i25) about 190 yards.

How far does your 7 iron go? I think the 7 is standard length in the fixed length set.

D

Deleted member 18121

210 with a short 4 iron is long at this time of the year in the UK? I hit my 4 iron (Ping i25) about 190 yards.

How far does your 7 iron go? I think the 7 is standard length in the fixed length set.

7 iron is 165 yards

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
That's 15 yard gaps between irons (4 iron 210 to 7 iron at 165) even though they are the same length - interesting.

I want about 10 yard gaps between irons and that is pretty much where I am at.

D

Deleted member 18121

That's 15 yard gaps between irons (4 iron 210 to 7 iron at 165) even though they are the same length - interesting.

I want about 10 yard gaps between irons and that is pretty much where I am at.

It'd be interesting to see what the carry distances are.... As the YouTube reviews said ; the "longer" irons do launch lower do may explain the roll, or maybe just those shots I hit today. Maybe into greens they would have stopped quicker?