New shaft for Titleist 910 D3 - the regular HAS to go!

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Hi folks,

What's the best way of getting fitted for a shaft if I've already got the driver? I've thought for a while that the regular Diamana ilima shaft is just too whippy. Having tried a couple of other drivers with stiff shafts, and it's been suggested that my swingspeed could benefit from stiff (on a monitor), I want to change.

But how to do it? Can I go to a Titleist fitter and try out a few? What would it cost?

Any help gratefully received! Thanks.

Bratty

Visit site
Yes, but as I've got the driver already, do they sell the shafts to make it worth their while? Or do I just go and say I'm interested in the 910, try a load out (which I assume would cost something), and then try and find somewhere to order the best one?

Had a look for ilima shafts only online and couldn't find any. Ideas?

Scottjd1

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Hi folks,

What's the best way of getting fitted for a shaft if I've already got the driver? I've thought for a while that the regular Diamana ilima shaft is just too whippy. Having tried a couple of other drivers with stiff shafts, and it's been suggested that my swingspeed could benefit from stiff (on a monitor), I want to change.

But how to do it? Can I go to a Titleist fitter and try out a few? What would it cost?

Any help gratefully received! Thanks.

Tag along with Oddsocks tomorrow....:whoo:
You are welcome to try mine for a round if that helps?

Or go to a custom fit centre and select, then send your shaft into gamola (they have some NV's/Graffoloy blue and graphite design shafts on special at 24.95), buy new shaft from them and get them to switch the adaptor (£10) and bobs your uncle.

The only local place I know is in Kingswood (internet golf store) they carry pretty much every shaft available.

Or get yourself up to Titleist (£40)

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
bratts, i could well end up with a d3 tomorrow, worst case situ im sure me and scott would let you try the shaft in ours... scotts exotic and what ever is in mine, although outside sources still reckon i could end up with a razr fit. ;)

as scott said, find a shaft that suits you, then off to gamola. even if you paid titleist £40.00, then £40.00 for a shaft/adaptor, atleast you know its right.

Bratty

Visit site
It's not so much disrespecting the exotic upgrade as no wanting an exotic price tag! ;)

Cheers for the feedback, people.

Scottjd1

Tour Rookie
Visit site
What one out of interest and were you fitted for it?

It was one by Graphite Design, Tour AD DI-6, love it. Actually just checked and its a standard upgrade (Exotic no more...)

Its similar in look to the one Tiger uses, although I think he uses DI-7 or 8, plus a slightly firmer flex...:whistle:

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
bratts, i could well end up with a d3 tomorrow, worst case situ im sure me and scott would let you try the shaft in ours... scotts exotic and what ever is in mine, although outside sources still reckon i could end up with a razr fit. ;)

as scott said, find a shaft that suits you, then off to gamola. even if you paid titleist £40.00, then £40.00 for a shaft/adaptor, atleast you know its right.

OS are you getting a Titleist fitting? I'm thinking they maybe have more shafts than the fitters do, getting the right shaft that works for you is key IMO. Interested in your feedback

timchump

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

Thanks for this, looks a good place to buy, and they come with the adapter!

To the o/p i don't think it would be too expensive if you bought form here in the region of £90 for most shafts, stock shafts seem to go for £40-£50 on ebay so would only cost £40-50 to upgrade overall.

P.S. Anybody interested in an Ahina whiteboard - "made for"