New Out of Bounds Option (False Info)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
This thread needs deleting to avoid any confusion…imho!
Is there not value in warning folk coming onto the forum for rules advice that there are websites out there that might look authoritative but actually just spout misleading guff. And that the place for rules advice are the R&A and USGA rules sites, plus here we have guys who can and do provide detailed explanations and clarifications.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
Is there not value in warning folk coming onto the forum for rules advice that there are websites out there that might look authoritative but actually just spout misleading guff. And that the place for rules advice are the R&A and USGA rules sites, plus here we have guys who can and do provide detailed explanations and clarifications.
Perhaps, but change the thread title to show that this is a false set of "rules".

Also I'd encourage everyone to report the video on Youtube to get it taken down. You'll note comments are disabled, no doubt because they were getting so much flak, or expected it

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Perhaps, but change the thread title to show that this is a false set of "rules".

Also I'd encourage everyone to report the video on Youtube to get it taken down. You'll note comments are disabled, no doubt because they were getting so much flak, or expected it

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ @SwingsitlikeHogan cant you just change the thread title as above

D-S

Visit site
Just imagine the bonanza that bag manufacturers would have if they increased the number of clubs to 18!

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Id ignore anything that video says when there are comments like "if any part of the ball touches the white (OOB) line or is in line with the stakes the ball is not out of bounds"

I might be wrong since no one else has mentioned it, but I thought a ball touching the OOB line was in play?

My way of remembering is that if a ball is on a line then it is in whatever the line is marking, so touching a red or yellow line is in the penalty area and a ball touching a white line is in the golf course.

Status
Not open for further replies.