New membership in Surrey / Hampshire / Berkshire border (Camberley) - any ideas?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I think our practice facilities are as good as yours Hugh. We have covered bays with mats, ball machine with decent balls, grass to hit off if you wish. Size wise not a lot in it. We also have a separate chipping, pitching area, with decent green, bunker etc. We have new three man net near the first tee. Your practice putting green might be a bit bigger !!

To be fair the practice facilities are a bit wasted on me, but other members seem to like them. We have spent a lot on the clubhouse as well, so if you haven’t played there for a couple of years you may not recognise !

You are on for a game any time. ?

OK - your check me - but I move out of check by pointing out our indoor state-of-the-art swing studio. :)

Would love a knock sometime - I've lost touch with the member I knew...

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
OK - your check me - but I move out of check by pointing out our indoor state-of-the-art swing studio. :)

Would love a knock sometime - I've lost touch with the member I knew...
You trumped me there. All I can offer is a small practice putting green and a net beside the 10th should you start there. We do of course have one of the best halfway huts, which is much more useful to me than any practice facility !!! ?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Hankley or Blackmoor. 1st world problems indeed!

Would love to join a decent course in my area, but not sure RSG or RCP quite fall into the 1600 budget ??

Matty6

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I’ve only played Blackmoor, Camberley, Liphook and West Hill in that area, and Blackmoor is my favourite. Would join in a heartbeat if I lived down that way ??

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
What sort of prices are the big 3 down there?
I’m waiting to hear back from Princes, heard rumours it’s about 1200 for 5 day. So not sure of the 7 day I’m after.

The other two don’t tend to release that info until after you’ve been proposed and not rejected....

Have also noted that everywhere is looking forward to spanking people during the open. 25% Increase to green fees the week of the open.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
I’m waiting to hear back from Princes, heard rumours it’s about 1200 for 5 day. So not sure of the 7 day I’m after.

The other two don’t tend to release that info until after you’ve been proposed and not rejected....

Have also noted that everywhere is looking forward to spanking people during the open. 25% Increase to green fees the week of the open.
princes is brilliant though and the work they’ve been doing a great

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
princes is brilliant though and the work they’ve been doing a great
I agree, biggest issue is just how many bookings they take from non members. Hoping once they get to me that can be discussed. It may be that they try and restrict bookings on one loop each day so members have a course available.

D

Deleted member 25172

I agree, biggest issue is just how many bookings they take from non members. Hoping once they get to me that can be discussed. It may be that they try and restrict bookings on one loop each day so members have a course available.

Don’t ask me why I have looked it up before, but it says somewhere on the site, or at least did, the full membership is closed at Princes. I hope not though for your sake. Well, it would maybe come something good out of that for myself then as well... :p

sunshine

Visit site
Hankley or Blackmoor. 1st world problems indeed!

Would love to join a decent course in my area, but not sure RSG or RCP quite fall into the 1600 budget ??

I wouldn't be surprised if RSG was within your budget. Green fee income will keep the subs nice and low. Good luck getting in! ;)

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Don’t ask me why I have looked it up before, but it says somewhere on the site, or at least did, the full membership is closed at Princes. I hope not though for your sake. Well, it would maybe come something good out of that for myself then as well... :p

They will have openings at end of month, already spoken to the guy in charge!