PhilC

Hacker
Visit site
Hi all

New member to the forum.
Being playing a few years but lack off hand & eye cordination has kept the handicap floating around late teens early twenties!! Not a member of a club but play in a regular league society. This years target is to get down to 15. Putting is causing a few problems also
Based in Medway and just enjoy the time out on the course.

Enjoy youre golf :)

PhilC

Gustavo

Head Pro
Visit site
Bloody hell, not another Kent ! Welcome aboard fella, as Homer says, there's quite a few of you South East boys on here, so I'm sure you'll meet up at a forum event soon.

Enjoy the banter on here, it gets addictive.

Gustavo

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Phil, welcome to the forum. Whats the problem with your putting....distance, direction or both?

Has your PC got an alarm fitted to it which goes off whenever anyone types in "putting" Bob? ;) ;) ;)

Welcome to the forum Phil. As others have said, plenty of members in the South East, so you should get an invite to a game fairly easily if you fancy it.
Rob

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Phil, welcome to the forum. Whats the problem with your putting....distance, direction or both?

Has your PC got an alarm fitted to it which goes off whenever anyone types in "putting" Bob? ;) ;) ;)

Rob

No, I was just going to ask him to post a video of his putting stroke.
I would then see if he was moving his lower body, flicking his wrists or if his shoulders were turning instead of tilting.
I can still teach how to putt without using the you-know-what :D

RichardC

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Hello and welcome from another fellow new member.

Im based in Maidstone and from various other posts it looks like there are a few of us :D

PhilC

Hacker
Visit site
Blimey, anbody would think Kent is taking over the forum! Are we?

Just got in from a quick 12 holes at Deangate. Nice couple of hours. God bless the summer months :cool:

Thanks for all your welcome notes. Look forward to a forum event.

Enjoy

PhilC

Hacker
Visit site
Hi. Thanks for the reply

Problem with putting is mainly distance. I have been working on looking at the pin whilst putting on longer putts. This has helped with a bit better rythm. I need to be more consistent getting them up to the hole side outside of 10 foot.

Cheers

dave_m

Visit site
Hi all,

another new member here. Based in Birmingham and currently looking for a new club. Play regularly at Bromsgrove, Edgbaston and some of the muni courses.

Been playing golf for years although didn't play nearly as much as I would like during my uni years. Unofficial handicap (until I receive a membership)of 12-14 although if I play at the rate I currently am, I'm hoping that drops to around 10 or maybe even lower :) by the end of the summer.