New member query

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’m looking at moving clubs (closer to home). My existing membership runs out on 31st March. I don’t mind joining my new club before then, but on their website it says the following:

“The annual fees are shown below. At the moment there is no joining fee but we do ask for a full 12 months’ subscription fee from the start with the pro rata being applied on the first August renewal, even if it is one month since joining.”

Does anybody know what this could mean. I don’t understand it. I have emailed the club to ask, but I’m just being impatient.

TreeSeeker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
To me it sounds like you pay for the 12 months membership on joining, and at the end of your first year you have a prorata to bring you inline with the renewal date.

D

Deleted member 1740

I take it you're going to Blundells?

you'll need to pay 12months up front then they'll pro rata next year's subs instead of paying til August pro rata then upfront. does that make sense?

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I take it you're going to Blundells?

you'll need to pay 12months up front then they'll pro rata next year's subs instead of paying til August pro rata then upfront. does that make sense?

Think I’ve got my head around it mate.....

Yeah, virtually decided I think. Slight concern is the Sunday comps, not Saturdays, but I think I can get over that.
You decided on a new Home yet ?!?

D

Deleted member 1740

Think I’ve got my head around it mate.....

Yeah, virtually decided I think. Slight concern is the Sunday comps, not Saturdays, but I think I can get over that.
You decided on a new Home yet ?!?

No mate, I thought about jibbing it for a season or two but then I’d have to spend time with my tart then :rofl: :rofl:

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No mate, I thought about jibbing it for a season or two but then I’d have to spend time with my tart then :rofl: :rofl:

😂😂😂 Yup!
Grange Park looked great, but shaking joining fee and similar distance to Lymm and I guess the whole point of this is to play more...

D

Deleted member 1740

Don’t know mate... I have emailed and asked, but everyone I speak to says Just rumours at the minute...

I’d be concerned If it does happen, once that two hat of an owner sells up, the new “owners” could potentially ask all current members to stump up again for membership fees.

D

Deleted member 1740

:rofl: :rofl:

Any places you can join cheap to keep a handicap active and play in a few opens near you?

Yes mate there’s a couple, not the greatest but it’ll serve a purpose I suppose.

D

Deleted member 1740

Karl, Royal Lee Park and Huyton are only a couple of mins past Blundells yer know?

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
yeah... I’ve mapped them as well... Blundells is just the closest and is a decent course...
got a couple of months to decide yet.. will see

D

Deleted member 1740

yeah... I’ve mapped them as well... Blundells is just the closest and is a decent course...
got a couple of months to decide yet.. will see

I agree, just a shame the owners a two hat.

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Email straight back this morning.... Makes sense now!

Thank you for your email, I am very pleased that you are keen to join us.
If you paid in full, say at the end of this month (exactly 6 months into our subscription year) it would be £1086, then an additional 50% of the annual fee on the 1st August (as you would have already paid the other 50% when you joined). If you joined on the 1st April it would be a full 12 months then, followed by 4 months in July, then nothing to pay until 1st August 2019, in both cases.
If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to contact me
Kind Regards