New joiner

FELL75

Visit site
Hello,
Great website, thanks for hints, tips and all things golf. So wanted to say thanks and hello.
Been playing for a few years but now kids are growing up getting to the course a bit more, maybe even join a club if I can get in during these popular times for golf. Live near Woking, Surrey so managed to get on at Sutton Green, Hoebridge and West Byfleet (pre lockdown). Seen there have been posts about clubs in my areas so thanks to members for sharing their inside knowledge ?
Cheers

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Welcome! Sounds like you may have caught the bug (the good one), get involved and happy golfing ?️‍♂️

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Welcome

Hoebridge is where I played a lot of my golf before moving to the West Country.

Me too. First ball i ever hit was on the par 3 course there. I worked at Old Woking Service Station while doing A Levels too... moved west thereafter.

Welcome to the forum. Lots of courses around there to play

Last edited:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Me too. Furst ball i ever hit was on the par 3 course there. I worked at Old Woking Service Station while doing A Levels too... moved west thereafter.

Welcome to the forum. Lots of courses around there to play
I'm another whose first golf was at Hoebridge - on the par 3. Instantly 'hooked'! Certainly partly due to the wonderful 'Augusta-like' view of one of the holes.

Another 'Welcome aboard' from me. All the courses you mention are suitable/reasonable (West Byfleet is probably a step or 2 above the others) so get stuck in. Silvermere is another in similar league It'll become an obsession/addiction very quickly!

Last edited: