New job

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
After a couple of forced changes to terms in my current job, I started looking for a new job a few of weeks ago. I saw one advert and decided I would give it a go. The only thing was I had a day to get the application in and phoned my wife to collect it, I would fill it in and had in into the reception the next morning. Luckily it was in my home town and only 3 minutes away by car if even that. Got word back a week later and had the interview last week and recall for second interview on Thursday. I took the whole day off as my eldesthad a doctors apointment anyway.
Had the interview and later while out for an early dinner got the call offering me the job.
I cant believe how quickly it has all turned round given the current job shortage out there. One of the benefits is that I finish at 1pm on Fridays and is within walking distance of my home course :D
Anyone else had any good fortune recently?
If anyone is in the market for a new position or career, my advice is to stick with it, things can change in days, keep your chin up.

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am half looking to change job but am not trying hard enough. I am gonna chuck myself into it after Christmas as my budget for this year is 20% up on last year. I think companies are using the recession to flog their staff to death and I am fed up chasing shaddows.

DCB

Visit site
I found myself in a similar situation back in March. I knew the job was coming up, but only got the application form two days before it was due in. It was one of the weirdest application forms I've ever had to fill in. Handed it in at 3pm on the closing day. Phone call the following Tuesday, a "meeting for a chat" that Friday and a week later I was offered the post.

What a difference it has mad. No more travelling and working away. Sensible working hours and it's a good place to work (so far).

Took great delight in handing in my resignation at my last place. It had all the subtlety of a nuclear device. Ah well, hell mend them !

Sometimes a fresh challenge is all that's needed to get you operating to your full potential. :D

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
After 15 yrs loyal service to a great company this year they decided to "give" us to a contractor. What a set of A**eholes. All of the trust we had built over the years was wiped out in an instant. 50% of us made redundant the rest, so called lucky ones, are left to travel the length of the country to cover their posts for no more money on a like it or lump it basis. We still work for the same company we did for all those years and people we knew for that time treat us like strangers now.What a world...Thank you Labour I can't wait to make you lot redundant.

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Because they have systematically ruined the bloody country!!! a bunch of PC talking, scared of Europes shadow, money grabbing T*sspots, with a leader that a heck of a lot of people did not want,vote for or indeed would never have voted for. The man pulverised, pressurised, and schemed his way into his rather dubious place in our history books.

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Nice one Brendy, hope it all works out for you. So plenty of golf on Fridays for you then. Good job ur not a member at our place, Friday is ladies day.

shottoff

Visit site
I work offshore on the rigs.Work cycle is 2weeks offshore,then 3weeks at home.Over the year I work for 5months and have 7months off so I suppose I shouldn't complain eh.??

Handicap 7.0

abush

Hacker
Visit site
Congrats brendy, I start a new job next Monday and today is my last day at my current job, golfs booked in for the rest of the week!!!

I work within the aerospace industry and it seems that over the last six weeks more and more jobs have become available. For me the whole process began in the 1st week of September, not quickly but the job is well worth waiting for, only problem is I'll have to commute from south Bristol to Cheltenham every day!