New Irons

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

Ap2s look great, I wanted a set but just couldn't argue with the performance of the AP3s. Early days but very happy with them so far!

I prefer the look on the Ap2’s so will be interesting to see how I get on with them on the monitor compare them with the TM and maybe the CB Forged as well

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
P790'sare absolutely superb, in terms of spin not sure why that seems to come up as I actually seem to get more backspin from them than I did with bladed irons (at least more backing up on greens, maybe due to descent angle swell) but are so easy to hit all manner of shots with. I did get the lofts weakened from standard.

I tried pretty much everything on the market and nothing was close to the 790's (for me), had them a few months now and won't be changing for a long time.

In general I've not been a fan of TM stuff either but they nailed it with these.

D

Deleted member 15344

P790'sare absolutely superb, in terms of spin not sure why that seems to come up as I actually seem to get more backspin from them than I did with bladed irons (at least more backing up on greens, maybe due to descent angle swell) but are so easy to hit all manner of shots with. I did get the lofts weakened from standard.

I tried pretty much everything on the market and nothing was close to the 790's (for me), had them a few months now and won't be changing for a long time.

In general I've not been a fan of TM stuff either but they nailed it with these.

I was waiting for your opinion :D

After seeing how well you hit your previous clubs and knowing you moved to these it’s what got me interested when for ages I have been set on the Ap2

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I'd go AP 2'S

I bought AP1 and they're really nice but I guess as a lower handicapper the 2's would be best. My pro said in hIs opinion the 790's are not as good through the set as the AP'S

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Doesn’t really matter what anyone on here says.
Hit both & see which you prefer.
It’s not like you’re going to hit them & then chose one based on any of the comments on here.

Last edited:

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was waiting for your opinion :D

After seeing how well you hit your previous clubs and knowing you moved to these it’s what got me interested when for ages I have been set on the Ap2

TBH I've tried the last few versions of the AP2's as, on the face of it, they are exactly what I want from irons but I've just never been that impressed with them for some reason.

Everyones different but anyone looking at irons who doesn't hit the P790's is bonkers. Some may not like the look/feel etc but I was hugely impressed from the first shot I hit with them and still am.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
790’s look nice but I’d never be able to hit them consistently. 770’s are very good, in the little I’ve played with them I’ve no complaints

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
I hit just about everything i could find players club wise, bar the Srixons that I couldn't find somewhere to hit.
Came away with the JPX900 Tours. Nothing came close on feel or results. I liked the Titleist CB's but to have the same shaft I got in the mizunos would have pushed the set to over £1k. (vs £750 for the Mizunos)

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
790’s look nice but I’d never be able to hit them consistently. 770’s are very good, in the little I’ve played with them I’ve no complaints

Val, ive not seen the 770 set in the flesh ( seen 750's)
Are the 770's a bigger headed club than the 790....?

The 790 are real nice though

Back to op.....id be looking to try the srixon range too

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Val, ive not seen the 770 set in the flesh ( seen 750's)
Are the 770's a bigger headed club than the 790....?

The 790 are real nice though

Back to op.....id be looking to try the srixon range too

the 770 are smaller in blade length by 0.2cm.

top line is about the same

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I hit just about everything i could find players club wise, bar the Srixons that I couldn't find somewhere to hit.
Came away with the JPX900 Tours. Nothing came close on feel or results. I liked the Titleist CB's but to have the same shaft I got in the mizunos would have pushed the set to over £1k. (vs £750 for the Mizunos)
yes looked at all mentioned irons went for JPX 900forged with PX LZ shaft lovely clubs.

BristolMike

Head Pro
Visit site
yes looked at all mentioned irons went for JPX 900forged with PX LZ shaft lovely clubs.

I just switched out my JPX900F with the same shafts for the P790s. I tried the AP3 and TMs and they were both really nice. I juts hit the TMs slightly better and they felt slightly better although there wasn't much in it.

Did you find the JPX flew a lot lower than the others you tried. It was the only flaw with mine

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Off to Golfbidder on Monday for an upgraded set of irons. Not technically new as they'll be second hand but a new make/model. Got my eyes on a nice set of Ping I irons. Must avoid getting swayed and seduced by set of the I blades

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Off to Golfbidder on Monday for an upgraded set of irons. Not technically new as they'll be second hand but a new make/model. Got my eyes on a nice set of Ping I irons. Must avoid getting swayed and seduced by set of the I blades

Remember last time Homer, you chose for practicality & then changed. It’s all about how they look. Get some blades? Watch Mark crossfield a vids, there is no difference. Get what looks good !! :thup;

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site

dont you play i25's. not worth the swap imo. like for like