New Irons

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
the lofts are pretty much the same, I think the 7 iron is .5 degree stronger on the P790s. I'm sure the PW on the TM and the Mizunos are both 45 degrees
mine are the JPX tour model which is 46* just checked.
So pw 46 then 50 56 60.
with the AP 3s to keep this gapping I would have 5 wedges.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I added the 48* AP3. Basically the clubs are all just shuffled up one due to the strong lofts.

they are not shuffled up one. the 7 iron is still a 7 iron. in fact it launches higher than the higher lofted ap2 7 iron.

that the lofts aren't strong to make a 7 iron a 6 iron!

D

Deleted member 15344

Well popped to Biggleswade to try loads of irons this morning

Started with the P790 - wasn’t a fan of the looks from above , make a strange noise when you hit them and they don’t feel great but they go a mile - 7 Iron was going around 165 carry

Then went to the P770 looked far better top line , felt a lot nicer , smoother and a lower ball flight - distance was around 155 carry

Then onto the Titleist CB Forged ( decided against the Ap2’s ) - looks are very nice , club felt a bit heavier and they felt a bit dead of the face but consistent - very tight dispersion at around 150 carry

Then finally onto the Mizuno MP18 - SC version - by far the best looking club and felt so soft hitting them - felt I could control them more - superb dispersion and carry was about the same as Titleist CB

So after the test I have been booked into a fitting session at Custom Lab in Hitchin - very impressive set up - he is going to first concentrate on the MP18s - wants me to try the MB even though I don’t think I hit the ball well enough ( he wants to prove me wrong :D ) but will go through every option and shafts on the MP18 and look at combo set - also going to give the CB Forged deeper look - booked in for 2 hours so really looking forward to it

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Well popped to Biggleswade to try loads of irons this morning

Started with the P790 - wasn’t a fan of the looks from above , make a strange noise when you hit them and they don’t feel great but they go a mile - 7 Iron was going around 165 carry

Then went to the P770 looked far better top line , felt a lot nicer , smoother and a lower ball flight - distance was around 155 carry

Then onto the Titleist CB Forged ( decided against the Ap2’s ) - looks are very nice , club felt a bit heavier and they felt a bit dead of the face but consistent - very tight dispersion at around 150 carry

Then finally onto the Mizuno MP18 - SC version - by far the best looking club and felt so soft hitting them - felt I could control them more - superb dispersion and carry was about the same as Titleist CB

So after the test I have been booked into a fitting session at Custom Lab in Hitchin - very impressive set up - he is going to first concentrate on the MP18s - wants me to try the MB even though I don’t think I hit the ball well enough ( he wants to prove me wrong :D ) but will go through every option and shafts on the MP18 and look at combo set - also going to give the CB Forged deeper look - booked in for 2 hours so really looking forward to it

I was in AG a while back and they’d just got the mp18s in. They were gorgeous and the ones I hit properly (not enough Unfortunatley) felt amazing. Serious envy on my behalf of anyone good enough it use em!

D

Deleted member 15344

Well just finished my fitting session for those that don’t read my blog

Ended up getting a combo set of MP18’s - 4,5 in the MMC and the rest in the SC plus three Callaway M.D. wedges

The Autumn Wind

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Good luck with the wedges. When I had Callaway MD wedges I had to get rid of them very quickly, as the grooves shredded Pro V1's in one strike.

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site

Ended up getting a combo set of MP18’s - 4,5 in the MMC and the rest in the SC plus three Callaway M.D. wedges
Always helps that Mizuno don't upload on shafts. Gives you a much much wider choice of shafts without worry of a couple hundred quid extra for the best shaft that fits you.

D

Deleted member 15344

Always helps that Mizuno don't upload on shafts. Gives you a much much wider choice of shafts without worry of a couple hundred quid extra for the best shaft that fits you.

Yeah loads of shaft choices - ended up with Project X LZ 6.0

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Yes. It was one of my factors for choosing mizzies (TT AMTs for me).

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site

Looks like another 'top class fitting establishment' to add to the list! Hadn't heard of them before and will mention them to my Nor Flundin mates!

Nice looking clubs, and a sensible divide between blades and CBs.

D

Deleted member 15344

Been like a kid waiting for Xmas but today Santa delivered

B947D05C-507F-4C7C-8621-FBE883387B6D.jpg

065ECA1D-AFF6-4C6D-AC31-77359187411F.jpg

E55B410B-58D6-4353-87DF-93B469A9B719.jpg