New hole-in-one section on GM website

Jake O'Reilly

GM Staff
www.golf-monthly.co.uk
Hi one and all,

Just wanted to point you all towards a new section on the GM website that celebrates hole-in-ones with regular stories and certificates we'll create so you can mark your achievement.

http://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/holeinone

If you've had a hole-in-one recently (doesn't have to have been in a comp) you can get involved by emailing golfmonthly@timeinc.com with some details, like the date, location, a description of your shot including things like the club you used and the conditions and a picture of you celebrating if you took one.

For your troubles you'll get a digital certificate you can print and share with friends, and we'll share the best stories each month on the GM website.

If you've not yet had one, perhaps now's the time!

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
How about picking up the bar tab? Not sure a certificate for something you can't verify and had no part in is exciting.

Also, your publishing the best story's.... The ball got hit, it went in the hole....

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
How about picking up the bar tab? Not sure a certificate for something you can't verify and had no part in is exciting.

Also, your publishing the best story's.... The ball got hit, it went in the hole....

Depends entirely on circumstances; took a forum member and his guest to mine, we stopped to let the three ball behind through & the guest and I witnessed the feat by one of the following group.

Confirmed our view that there's a good deal of luck involved too. :smirk:

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
Depends entirely on circumstances; took a forum member and his guest to mine, we stopped to let the three ball behind through & the guest and I witnessed the feat by one of the following group.

Confirmed our view that there's a good deal of luck involved too. :smirk:

You can't write that on a certificate though ... Hehe

I do hope if I get one that it's at least a good strike!

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
You can't write that on a certificate though ... Hehe

I do hope if I get one that it's at least a good strike!

The lad that got it shouted "Oh for ducks ache" (or something very similar ;) ) immediately after hitting it and turned his back on the ball as it cut more grass than the greens staff had all week; it was still carrying more speed than Lewis Hamilton as it came onto the green before clattering the pin dead centre and dropping. The two of us stood there laughing and applauding and we were convinced that they thought we were taking the proverbial. The fella still refused to believe it until another one of the three ball walked up to the hole & pulled it out.

I take it that's not what you want for yours then? :D

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
The lad that got it shouted "Oh for ducks ache" (or something very similar ;) ) immediately after hitting it and turned his back on the ball as it cut more grass than the greens staff had all week; it was still carrying more speed than Lewis Hamilton as it came onto the green before clattering the pin dead centre and dropping. The two of us stood there laughing and applauding and we were convinced that they thought we were taking the proverbial. The fella still refused to believe it until another one of the three ball walked up to the hole & pulled it out.

I take it that's not what you want for yours then? :D

If that's what happens with mine I shall be describing it as a low ball flight....

Did he buy you a drink?

mikepops

Assistant Pro
Visit site
As I recall at the meet at The Belfry in 2009 the nearest the pin on one of the days was won with a hole in one.

If I remember correctly I think someone in an early group knocked it to about a foot, and assumed he had it sewn up, and didn't know until the presentations...