Albatross Vs Hole in one

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Come far close to an albatross than a hole in one. Wimbledon Common where I used to play had a number of driveable par 4's in the summer and several are kind enough to have bowl shaped greens to help feed the ball in. Managed to hit the green on the 9th as the group in front were waling off and apparently it hit the flag full on and stop five feet away for the eagle. Sadly those days are long gone and I rarely scare any short par four's green and have given up hope of a hole in one

D

Deleted member 1418

Come far close to an albatross than a hole in one. Wimbledon Common where I used to play had a number of driveable par 4's in the summer and several are kind enough to have bowl shaped greens to help feed the ball in. Managed to hit the green on the 9th as the group in front were waling off and apparently it hit the flag full on and stop five feet away for the eagle. Sadly those days are long gone and I rarely scare any short par four's green and have given up hope of a hole in one

That hole was our second. So if your tee shot had gone in you'd have had both an albatross and a hole-in-one with the same shot - very rare!!

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Sort of had one. Playing on my own, I hit a drive OOB. Reloaded and went OOB again.
Changed driver, hit it down the middle, long. Hit a four wood on to the green and sunk the put.
Well, it went down in three off the tee of a par 5, didn't it????

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
That hole was our second. So if your tee shot had gone in you'd have had both an albatross and a hole-in-one with the same shot - very rare!!

I know. The 16th as you played it was another good opportunity as was the 8th as you played it if you could hit a running draw towards the silver birch tree and let if feed off the slope. I could also get to the 14th your way round but that needed more luck. Had to hit a big draw and always a gamble it wouldn't pitch in the horse path or roll through it and get caught up. Also had to avoid the trees by the green

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
0-1 for me. My old club Broome Park had Three reachable par5‘s.
Mine came on the first of them. Managed to driver over the hill leaving 140 downhill. Landed on a slope kicked right and rolled like a putt into the flag.
Theres also a driver par 4 there.

The closest I’ve come had a ball finish to hole is one is the 13th there. 210 uphill and it stopped 2 inches short. Couldn’t see it though so had no excitement.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
2 HiO and 1 Albatross for me. It came on the par 5 8th on Arndean @ Muckhart GC.
Played my approach over a blind dip down to the green, thought I had over cooked it. Me and the PP went searching in the rough over the back of the green, not thinking to look in the hole. But there it was.
Followed that up with a 6 on the 9th, which just happens to be a par 3 ?

sunshine

Visit site
Sort of had one. Playing on my own, I hit a drive OOB. Reloaded and went OOB again.
Changed driver, hit it down the middle, long. Hit a four wood on to the green and sunk the put.
Well, it went down in three off the tee of a par 5, didn't it????

Ignoring the OOB shots it's still a 3 which is an eagle not an albatross. But full marks for effort (y)

sunshine

Visit site
No holes in one - but I have had an albatross on the 18th at Littlestone. It was a back pin so I didn't see it drop. When I couldn't see it on the green I assumed it had gone over the back. After a few minutes searching I was about to give up, but I thought I would just check in the hole...

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Two of my closest hole in one attempts were on par 4s, so they would’ve doubled up but sadly it’s still zero and zero for me.