New Handicap -UK

Teebs

Visit site
Hi all,

New member of my golf and I need to establish a handicap.

I have the cards ready to put in, presume I can hand the physical cards to the Pro and they'll get processed that way?

Thanks

Teebs

Visit site
Thanks.
Just for my understanding

Par 72
CR 69.7
Gross 74 would give me an initial handicap of 3 (74 & difference of Par minus CR minus 2).

That would be my lowest of the 3 cards..

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Also depending on where you had you previous handicap I believe you could hand them a print out of your previous record and they can input the last 20 scores on to your UK record.

wjemather

Visit site
It is not acceptable to simply produce three scorecards from any (seemingly) random rounds that have played. Scores for initial handicap follow the same rules as any other General Play scores - rounds must be pre-registered for handicapping using whatever method(s) is available/in use (MyEG, PSI, mobile app, logbook, email, etc.), and attested (signed) by a marker acceptable to the handicap committee.

Teebs

Visit site
Most of the advice online is either app based 54 hole score or physical cards marked 'for handicap purposes' - handed to the Pro or secretary. Dated, signed by both player and attester

wjemather

Visit site
Most of the advice online is either app based 54 hole score or physical cards marked 'for handicap purposes' - handed to the Pro or secretary. Dated, signed by both player and attester
That advice is correct, but only in a basic sense. England Golf have stated that rounds for initial handicap must be pre-registered, and the club handicap committee may place restrictions on who may certify the scores.

Teebs

Visit site
That advice is correct, but only in a basic sense. England Golf have stated that rounds for initial handicap must be pre-registered, and the club handicap committee may place restrictions on who may certify the scores.

Makes sense. Cheers

LizAig

Visit site
Hi all,

New member of my golf and I need to establish a handicap.

I have the cards ready to put in, presume I can hand the physical cards to the Pro and they'll get processed that way?

Thanks
When and where did you last play before these cards - if you have comp or general play rounds already recorded then all you need is your CDH number