New guy saying hello...

mab

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Good evening guys,

I've spent a fair amount of time over the years on a couple of US golf forums but, for some reason, have never looked into UK based forums... until this evening. So... hello. :)

My set up is as per my signature below and I play to a 12 handicap... it was 8 a couple of years ago but, well, work gets in the way of most recreational activities doesn't it. Driver swing speed is 101-103mph last time I measured a few years back and I'm fairly high spin with the driver.

The driver and irons are new (to me) this season so I'm looking forward to getting to know them a bit better. They were fairly rash purchases albeit researched to a degree beforehand.

I was looking for better 'feeling' irons so decided the forged CB3s with super smooth KBS Tours would be a good option. I've had Adams irons in the past and got on reasonably well with them. As for the AMP (I'd have quite liked the AMP Cell for the adjustability, but still a tad expensive), I was keen to get back into Cobra after a great relationship with an F-Speed / Aldila NV a few years ago. I don't have the right shaft for it yet which is next on my to-do list - thinking a Whiteboard, Ahina or maybe even a Kaili but I'll see what comes up. That is one slight disappointment with the Amp; used shafts with adapters are nowhere near as prevalent as the Taylormades, Titleists, etc. and the adapters themselves seem few and far between for me to build myself. Like I say though, looking into this a little more is next on the list.

So, if you're looking to move on any AMP driver shafts. :D

I gave up my club membership a couple of years ago due to work commitments and just play periodically at local courses as and when time allows. Certainly planning to play a lot more this year though and really get back into the game. Hence the unnecessary equipment purchases to reinvigorate interest for the start of the season.

Anyway, enough of my ramblings for now. I just hope to get something from the forum and, where possible, give something back.

D

Deleted member 1740

Welcome aboard fella, where do you normally play?

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Welcome to the forum Mab. You appear to know what you're doing so just jump in and enjoy. There's always plenty of forum meets in the North West if you want to come along and meet some decent lads and lasses...

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Hi and welcome!

You say you've been on American forums, that will explain the stats outburst on your first post. ;)

You'll find a lively forum scene where you are with the North West Order Of Merit just kicking off and lots of meets being arranged around the area.

mab

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
A warm welcome plus a bit of a dig... ha, I can see I'm going to enjoy it here. :D

I grew up in North Manchester and was a member of Blackley Golf Club and North Manchester Golf Club at different times. Lived on the edge of the Peak District, not too far from Macclesfield, for the last 10 years and have been a member of both Tytherington and Shrigley Hall in that time. Father-in-law is a member of Wilmslow.

Have played many of the local courses plus have a few pals west of here so have played courses around Lytham, Southport, etc. Also the odd trips here and there around the country and the odd boys golfing holiday to Spain a few years back before families and kids came along!

Just spotted the 'Arrange a game' board... what a great idea. Certainly hope to be able to join in the meets and have a game.