New clubs

trev_mchacker

Visit site
Hello, just getting back into the game after a long lay off, like 20 odd years. Played to a good standard long ago but out of practice these days!! Currently using a borrowed set but looking to get all new right through the bag, woods , irons. Budget not an issue . What do you reccomend?

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
golfbidder.co.uk
Go for the older stuff that has a good score for condition and there is great value. 10+ years old is where the value is. As effective as anything more recent, but has lost the interest of those following the idea that newer is better.

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If money is no object then get fitted where are you based people on here here might know good fitters near you.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I would say no need to get fitted - its not even clear if there is such a think.
New is nice and shiny. All the brands have clubs that are as good as each other (except the Stealth driver, which does seem to have issues), so its more a question of what brand image or colour club you like the look of. Ranges from year or two ago can often be well discounted, and are exactly the same perfemancewise as the latest release.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Cheers, not after used. Will go brand new, fitted etc. Is the new TM carbon driver any good?

I switched from a TM M4 to the first version and definitely seeing gains but switched the non 'standard' shaft from my M4 to the Stealth

However whether or not it is better than any other manufacturers is another thing.

2 of my mates made a similar swap (from the SIM drivers)

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
go to a club builder. Huge difference for me

My guy is based in Daventry, if that's anywhere near you I can give you his details.

Alan Clifford

Visit site
Hello, just getting back into the game after a long lay off, like 20 odd years. Played to a good standard long ago but out of practice these days!! Currently using a borrowed set but looking to get all new right through the bag, woods , irons. Budget not an issue . What do you reccomend?
Go and try a few. And don't neccessarly stick with one brand. I have Callaway irons but have never felt confortable with their driver and three wood.
Love the Ping 435 fairway wood. It launches high so I've taken it down a degree. Same with the driver. The Callaway XR steelhead hybrids are great for me. Putter is a Taylormade spyder, face balanced.

CountLippe

Visit site
I would say no need to get fitted - its not even clear if there is such a think.
New is nice and shiny. All the brands have clubs that are as good as each other (except the Stealth driver, which does seem to have issues), so its more a question of what brand image or colour club you like the look of. Ranges from year or two ago can often be well discounted, and are exactly the same perfemancewise as the latest release.
You need your dynamic lie angle checked as an absolute minimum.