New Golf shoes, help please

Kaizer_Soze

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm in the market for a new pair of golf shoes, budget is limited to around £50 odd. Any recommendations, a few pairs I have been eying up are the Footjoy greenjoys and AQL or Adidas AD75.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
I found the Stuburt Helium Pro II very good wearing and a overall excellent shoe in that price range.

As worn By David Howell

Helium Pro II Golf Shoes
Liquicell® and Stuburt – a winning combination

LiquiCell® is an ultra-thin liquid interface that improves comfort over time through the significant reduction of shear forces and friction on the soft tissues of the body as well as the improvement of blood flow.

Exclusive LiquiCell® removable footbed with forefoot LiquiCell® pad which reduces friction and heat whilst increasing blood flow, to promote "comfort over time". An added black layer of Poliyou, which has superb moisture wicking, anti-bacterial & odour reducing properties.

level5s

Head Pro
Visit site
i bought a pair of Hi-tec Turnberrys (i think) for last winter at a bit below that price and they have been excellent. waterproof and comfy straight from the box. a chunky shoe compared to my puma concorde gtx's which i also got for your budget but they were picked up in the states.

so in summary Hi-tec are worth a look, as worn by the Open champ back to back

johng

Head Pro
southerndowngolfclub.co.uk
Obvious I know, but get what ever's the most comfortable. For me though you can't look past the Footjoy's. Best available IMHO.
Tried the Stuburts and found them very uncomfortable, ADIDAS are too narrow for me. HI-TEC are pretty good too.

I'd still go for the AQL's though.

John.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have two pairs.....FJ Greenjoys.....good but needed an insole. Hi-tek V-Lite.....purchased on special recently.....to go with shorts for the summer.

http://www.americangolf.co.uk/golf-shoes/mens-golf-shoes/hi-tec-v-lite-true-golf-shoes/

The Hi-tek seem ok so far.... my feet hurt more than wearing my FJs for the first time, so for long term use, I'd stick with the FJs.

The Stubart are not without a few issues.....and I've not known anyone to get away with zero problems using Adidas.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
.....and I've not known anyone to get away with zero problems using Adidas.

me for one! bought a pair of last summers Adidas on sale at DG at the end of last year for £25. Bought for this summer as lighter in weight than my FJ's. No probs so far but then I don't wear them if conditions are looking unfavourable.
Winter conditions I would never use other than FJ's.

HartleyHare

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I got some HiTec CDT for about £50 last year which are great but I'd go for the Footjoys out of preference and avoid Adidas like the plague

OH BRILLIANT!!

just bought a pair of Adidas Nitro dry last night, first round in them tonight after work.

what's to do with Adidas, a lot of people seem to knocking 'em??

oh and BTW Stuburt helium pro, i've had nothing but trouble with the pair i had. most uncomfortable shoe i've ever had on!!

big_russ

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Footjoy AQL are a must at you price point. They are a quality shoe and have the all important worn in feel straight from the box. I have never had sore feet or blisters once even after playing 2x18 holes in one day.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Agreed. The problem with Adidas is they take forever (I had one pair I never managed to break) to break in and their sizings are so different to most other manufacturers. Footjoy I can take straight out of the box and wear them without any fear of a blister.

nomadpaul

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Sorry to hijack the thread a little , but how do the Footjoy AQL come up in respect of width ? Are they just a normal fitting or do they have some decent width ? I only ask as i'm looking for a pair and have feet like a chimpanzee !!!

...and Keyser , did you buy your shoes on E-bay from Golfshoes direct ?

HartleyHare

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Well i was a bit apprehensive last night after reading what had been said about Adidas shoes, but they were fine.

v comfortable and not one sore spot anywhere on my feet.
not a bad shoe all in all, £30, comfy and not bad to look at.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
http://www.onlinegolf.co.uk/golf-footwear/golf-shoes/357scog/4354pog.asp

The answer to your prayers. They are great shoes and when I saw this price I bought my old man a pair for his birthday which is next week. An absolute steal at that price. You get the option of two different insoles for people with either wide feet or narrow feet, with the normal ones fitted as standard- and these come with the shoes. I have had these and the AQL and my honest opinion is the AQL's are more comfortable but the CDTs are better.

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sorry to hijack the thread a little , but how do the Footjoy AQL come up in respect of width ? Are they just a normal fitting or do they have some decent width ? I only ask as i'm looking for a pair and have feet like a chimpanzee !!!

...and Keyser , did you buy your shoes on E-bay from Golfshoes direct ?

Yes you can getFJ's in wide/broad fittings as well as standard, though I will say the standard fittings are fine even for the likes of myself with my odd feet, though I do tend to get an extra half size up if going for the standard with no ill effects.

As for Addidas, they were certainly guilty of narrow fitting shoes at one time. Infact I'd have been the first to slate Addidas for this up until the moment I tried some 360 ltd's, which btw also can be found in wide fittings. Expect to pay around the ton for the Addidas 360 ltd's.

Going back to the FJ's the new AQL's are the bees knees as far as I'm concerned.

Havehad Hi-Tec in the past & although they are trying to compete with Footjoy, they really can't quite manage it just yet. Long term comfort & longevity is not there yet & that you must really factor in when you are spending several times what most of us would spend on street shoes on a golf shoe.

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think adidas footwear is generally narrow fitting. Their football boots were always tight so used to get a larger size.

I would never go against FJ although I fancy giving ecco a try

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
Most decent websites selling Adidas golf shoes advise to get a half size larger than normal due to their small fitting.

I can not understand why people say Stuburt are uncomfortable, I found them to be very comfortable, I have even changed the cleats to stinger spikes for winter and use my FJ pods for the summer.