New Golf Club

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
When I joined our place, I had to go for an interview with our GM. Was in for about 30 minutes, never got asked a single question! It was all about him, his life story, what a great club he had built up blah blah blah. It was quite surreal. He was made redundant a few months later, he has not been missed.

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
In my situation they only offer 5 day membership to start with and I play Saturday and Sunday so I would have had to remain as member at my current club until 7 day was achieved at the new club. They couldn’t give a time scale on that. They also have online booking but slots were limited. I guess I’m a bit spoilt were I’m a member of now and not ready to give that up.
Aah, not ideal then

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Was a member at a club that did this and it was great until my kids were about 4. I want to play on Saturdays and by the time I'd taken them to sport/parties/school there was zero chance I had an hour or 2 to kill waiting for a space on the first tee.
My plan is try get down there for 8am this Saturday to gauge it - bit difficult in your case when you have taxi duties for the kids.

Teebs

Visit site
Slightly off topic, but this swindle mass booking of the tee must get annoying. I get why they do it, but I'm not entirely sure it helps the rest of the membership get their VFM.

Prime time to play really..

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’m at North Hants in Fleet so pretty close.
Very close then - always looks a nice course there. I had some lessons there years ago as used to work almost across the road in the business park.
I know Lewi (the pro there) quite well, as he used to be the pro at Sherfield Oaks, nice guy. Also know George but not as well.

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Slightly off topic, but this swindle mass booking of the tee must get annoying. I get why they do it, but I'm not entirely sure it helps the rest of the membership get their VFM.

Prime time to play really..
You are not wrong, it was really annoying and a bit clichey (not sure if thats how you spell it). I didn't really want to get drawn into it, as I refused to pay a fiver every week on top of my subscription. The really annoying thing was that even on comp days, they did exactly the same, as the club didn't do anything differently for the comps.

r11john

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've joined the Army Golf Club between Aldershot/Farnborough - it's also only 10 minutes from my house, so hopefully will be able to get some twilight golf in this year if I can finish work at a sensible time
I am working at Royal Ascot 🐴📹I am gonna pop in after work for a knock. Bit of twilight golf.

Alan Clifford

Visit site
That sounds good.
My worry would be that 32 people just turn up on a Sat/Sun morning all at the same time and in effect swamp the tee at the same time. Hopefully that’s not the case.
The club I’m a member of used to do ball in a shoot on Sat AM, I remember getting there at about 0745 (first tee time was 8am) and there were about 8 balls in the shoot, 3 cars in the car park (including mine). And a couple of people milling about (the drivers of the other 2 cars I presumed).
As 8 am got closer more and more people turned up but no more balls got deposited. Basically they got a couple of people to turn up early and fill the shoot with balls for their group so they had the tee all to themselves for the first however long.
That left a bitter taste. We spoke to the pro who said nothing to them.
Wouldn't have happened before the WHS came in. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
I’m at North Hants in Fleet so pretty close.
I'm playing there next week, hoping we get nice weather looks a lovely course.

I'm near the M3 in London end so can get to a lot of clubs a bit further West in 30 minutes. Or heading into London I can reach much, much closer courses in about 30 minutes