New GM Top 100 - how many have you played?

D

Deleted member 23270

It doesn't and I think that's the point he's making. The assessor marked it down due to location despite location not being in the criteria.
I find that hard to believe. I know at least 2 assessors on the forum plus another 2 and they have told me that location is irrelevant.

D

Deleted member 3432

I find that hard to believe. I know at least 2 assessors on the forum plus another 2 and they have told me that location is irrelevant.

A truly wonderful course. If it wasn’t for its location (which is part of its charm) it would be much higher up the rankings and receive far more press. A visit to Silloth is life-affirming stuff.

Maybe the whole rating process is not as transparent as the panel would like us to believe.

D

Deleted member 23270

D

Deleted member 15344

A truly wonderful course. If it wasn’t for its location (which is part of its charm) it would be much higher up the rankings and receive far more press. A visit to Silloth is life-affirming stuff.

Maybe the whole rating process is not as transparent as the panel would like us to believe.

Have seen the same sort of comment aimed towards places like Ipswich and Enville - when I spoke to someone about it they said it was more a personal opinion type comment as opposed to something that’s used on a rating proforma

D

Deleted member 3432

Have seen the same sort of comment aimed towards places like Ipswich and Enville - when I spoke to someone about it they said it was more a personal opinion type comment as opposed to something that’s used on a rating proforma

Then why are assessors commenting on location on rating lists?

Unconscious bias springs to mind. There are lots of tremendous courses in the UK and we are talking splitting hairs in a lot of cases so an easy out using the location as a way of seperating courses, got to work just a little too hard for their lunch.

Anyhow, hope Dundonald get into the Top 100 when they get a clubhouse up to the required standard.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Then why are assessors commenting on location on rating lists?

Unconscious bias springs to mind. There are lots of tremendous courses in the UK and we are talking splitting hairs in a lot of cases so an easy out using the location as a way of seperating courses, got to work just a little too hard for their lunch.

Anyhow, hope Dundonald get into the Top 100 when they get a clubhouse up to the required standard.
Agree entirely re location. 45 minutes from Motorway at Carlisle. Rather odd no mention of Number 6 on the list being isolated!

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Agree entirely re location. 45 minutes from Motorway at Carlisle. Rather odd no mention of Number 6 on the list being isolated!

Number 52 is a rather challenging commute as well ?

That said though it’s an absolute Gem of a course and clubhouse

Maybe the best UK golf holiday / spa type trip going imo.

Amazing place.

Visit site
Only 8 for me....must try harder. Only addition this year was Hollinwell, which was fantastic.
Played North Berwick a few times, and remain underwhelmed.........and queues of American and Japanese visitors waiting to play, apparently justifies the daily fee of (I believe) £195.
I will not be returning there.

Reactions: Val

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Only 8 for me....must try harder. Only addition this year was Hollinwell, which was fantastic.
Played North Berwick a few times, and remain underwhelmed.........and queues of American and Japanese visitors waiting to play, apparently justifies the daily fee of (I believe) £195.
I will not be returning there.
Love North Berwick - cost £15 when my brother in law signed us on a few weeks ago :)

sunshine

Visit site
Wrong. The criteria is in the courses section of the website.

Are you an assessor? You seem a bit touchy on the subject. You ok hun?

The visitor experience and club’s facilities are criteria in the ranking process, so I expect some assessors include a luxurious clubhouse in the score.

Dundonald was discussed previously see post 150

D

Deleted member 23270

Are you an assessor? You seem a bit touchy on the subject. You ok hun?

The visitor experience and club’s facilities are criteria in the ranking process, so I expect some assessors include a luxurious clubhouse in the score.

Dundonald was discussed previously see post 150
Don't worry about me petal, just carry on making wrong assumptions.