New GM Top 100 - how many have you played?

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
23 which I’m pretty pleased with. Would love to get some of the Irish courses ticked off and finish the open venues.

Reactions: Zig
D

Deleted member 17920

Played 67

Got booked in to play this year another 10

It’s the west coast of Ireland that I am missing most.

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
On 82, 38 of top 50 and then 44. Still not done County Down, Sunningdale New or Sandwich. If I could spend a week in Ireland (which is unlikely) I could nudge the scoreboard on nicely

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
18. Have had chances to play a few more, but not chasing any of them.

The Top 100 is always a controversial exercise. RCD is truly a magnificent course, so no arguments there, but further down gets more questionable.

Remedy Oak is in 100th place. A lovely setting and some nice holes but utterly ruined for me by a few holes that were squeezed in to spaces ill suited to them. The 8th is a dreadful hole that practically ruins the course all on its own, and the 18th is a poor finishing hole where they seem to have run out of space and bodged a hole in. The 2nd would be a better par-5 if the pond had a bit of space before the green. As it stands the average player will always have to lay up.

And The Brabazon. Oh dear. Ryder Cup history does not a good course make. Never has been a good course, never will. Lots of utterly forgettable holes, then a few that are memorable but not for good reasons.

I'll take Bearwood Lakes over either of those any day.

Boomy

Visit site
I need to get away on more golf trips... I’ve played 3 of the top 100 and am a member of one of them!

Reactions: Zig
D

Deleted member 15344

44 for me - not sure if I’m adding anymore this yet

D

Deleted member 1147

Just the 17 for me...need to add some links gems I think

Grizzly

Visit site
18. Have had chances to play a few more, but not chasing any of them.
And The Brabazon. Oh dear. Ryder Cup history does not a good course make. Never has been a good course, never will. Lots of utterly forgettable holes, then a few that are memorable but not for good reasons.

It wasn't just me then? Phew. Played the Brabazon just as I got (back) into the game, and I was distinctly underwhelmed - ten and eighteen are great but most of the rest did absolutely nothing for me!