New European Tour Website design Oh Dear

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Oh dear. Really embarrassing for whoever it was that did the re-design. Turns out it wasn't the company I used to work for; should have stuck with them I reckon. Would have done a MUCH better job than this absolute mess. What a disaster.

El Diablo

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thank goodness they have done this - have actually stopped going there full stop and without seeing the post on here would be unaware of the change back.

Shows the traffic figures must have dropped off a cliff, and the launch at the BMW was a debacle .....

Fingers crossed the replacement is done with more thought and proper end user input, beta launch etc.

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
I am really impressed that they had the guts to revert back. I am sure that wasn't an easy thing to decide, especially after that much time had passed already. (Not technically. The technical part is relatively easy, provided you kept the old sourcecode, but somebody has to own up and admit that they have screwed up big time. And that does not happen to often. A massive amount of money involved as well, I would guess ... I wouldn't want to be in the shoes of the people who designed and programmed the new site) I have never seen this done, to be honest. Normally, once a new web-design is in place, it is there to stay, hoping that the users will get used to it and the flaws will get fixed eventually. So hats off to the ET for doing the right thing here.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Steve Bamford

Head Pro
www.golfbettingsystem.co.uk
At last, the European Tour takes a step away from its awful new "style over content" direction.

Pelley is a noodling dilettante. Shame there are no fireworks going off behind him as he admits he was wrong.

http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/news/newsid=329019.html

That would have been a gimmick. And he likes a gimmick.

Have to say it was going down the US route of more big pictures vs less information that you actually want to know. To step back though shows a willingness to admit you have been wrong.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Anyone having trouble looking at the leaderboard?
The site is working, all pages load, the Titleist ball ticker is running, the clock is moving but the leaderboard doesn't load..???

Seems to waft in and waft out again.
It's there....refresh a minute later and it doesn't load again..?
And it's back...

Last edited:

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Anyone having trouble looking at the leaderboard?
The site is working, all pages load, the Titleist ball ticker is running, the clock is moving but the leaderboard doesn't load..???

Seems to waft in and waft out again.
It's there....refresh a minute later and it doesn't load again..?
And it's back...

I've just loaded it and, so far, it's been absolutely fine .............................. so far.

HughJars

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Great they've changed, old version no longer works with Android unfortunately so have to go to the BBC for scoreboards now (and anything else).