BMW Masters - Poor Field

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
The PGA won't go for anything that devalues what they have, my suggestion would be to enhance what they have and enhance the product in Europe.

I wouldn't suggest dropping any events but if it was a truely global tour under one banner then you could effectively have a main event in Europe with an under event in the US (and vice versa) with a qualifying criteria to play in them (as you get now to a lesser extent) and rank them appropriately for FedEx or WR points. Travel is no hardship for these players now and if done properly it would benefit everyone.

as if by magic- Golf channel posted these comments today http://www.golfchannel.com/news/gol...ld-tour-play-more-international-events-102914

D

Deleted member 15344

First thing imo is make that final major of the year global - take it outside the us

Currently 3 of the majors are in the US which imo means the players feel they need to be based in the US to prepare for them better

Make the 4th and final major a "World PGA" Champs

Also move a WGC event from the U.S. as well - they have them all bar the HSBC

gdc

Head Pro
Visit site
Doesnt seem a poor field to me ?

McIlroy had already stated he was missing it - Stenson has a very good reason and a few others have other obligations

I enjoy the ET more than the PGA - PGA is imo dull target golf on courses set up for pin hunting

The pictures are just people putting out - crowds are "mashed potato" all day long

Another event in England would be great but needs sponsership and needs to pick a good course

The RTD also rewards the best player throughout the whole season as opposed to the Fed Ex which rewards the best player over 4 tournaments - the points weighting over there is ridiculous

Exactly this. The crowds are full of nobs, the last 2 PGA events had no one of any notability playing in them.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Exactly this. The crowds are full of nobs, the last 2 PGA events had no one of any notability playing in them.

Exactly. The McGladdery on Sunday hardly had a stellar field. Even in the US, the top players need down time and it's a good time for those with less chance to play some events the chance to get a solid start towards getting enough cash to keep their card.

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hard to compare the two tours at this time of year, as the pga has finished its 2014 season and the current events are for next year, but the euro tour is still finishing the 2014 for a while now.

If someone tries to play both tours then they don't have any downtime at all

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Its still golf so I'll tune in if I can

(I even watched the repeats of the 5-hole rain affected celebrity pro-am from mission hills china last week, who knew Morgan Freeman played one-handed)

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Its still golf so I'll tune in if I can

(I even watched the repeats of the 5-hole rain affected celebrity pro-am from mission hills china last week, who knew Morgan Freeman played one-handed)

Didn't know that! He had a really bad car accident that left his left arm paralysed. Fair play to him for still getting out there and playing with one arm. What a man.

D

Deleted member 15344

Does the sun ever get seen in China or is the smog that thick now ?

Every event I see on telly there is never any sun shining