New European Tour Website design Oh Dear

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It's an absolute embarrassment to the ET. Totally village. Agree that we'll get used to it (once it becomes accessible) as we'll have no choice but it doesn't mean it will suddenly become user friendly and fit for purpose. If it was updated in order to be able to be built upon then perhaps some firmer foundations should have been laid initially.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Being from a development background- the fact it is still not up seems that there is quite a serious problem.

I have to say I think it was a mistake going live before the biggest event. I for one didn't even know they were releasing a new website so it is not as if they were trying to advertise for it. I wonder if it was meant to go live previously and it has been delayed but they wanted it to go out before this event so they rushed it out the door.

Anyway as Dan has mentioned, it will be a deployment issue onto the live server. All functional testing will have been completed. It is always very hard to tell exactly what will happen when deploying to a new server. Everything seems to be exactly the same but there is always a couple of config issues.

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Absolutely unbelievable this,for years I used the old ET app with no problems at all, this new one is hopeless,too slow and no updates.What an embarresment for the ET launching this rubbish before their flagship event,the ratings for it on app store have gone into meltdown.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Absolutely unbelievable this,for years I used the old ET app with no problems at all, this new one is hopeless,too slow and no updates.What an embarresment for the ET launching this rubbish before their flagship event,the ratings for it on app store have gone into meltdown.

Haven't you already whinged about the app already?

http://forums.golf-monthly.co.uk/showthread.php?92075-New-European-Tour-App

Logged onto the ET website and got the live leaderboard without issue. Still not a user friendly site but I got what I needed but I wouldn't want to stay there and look around it

Hosel Fade

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
I feel for the developers, because I bet they are working overtime at the moment to make it work. But from a users point of view it is an absolute disaster so far. When I finally got the leaderboard to load (which took forever) I tried to select my fantasy league picks as favourites, so that I can follow them easier, and after two players it tells me I have to register or log in to pick more. Okay, so I tried to log in and it tells me the clubhouse is currently closed for maintenance. Really annoying. Everything is very slugglish as well (even though I guess that might get better once some of the stuff has been cashed by the browser). I hope they fix it soon, otherwise I am out of the Fantasy league. No point if you have to jump through too many hoops to play or follow the players you selected.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Currently showing Poulter in a tie for 3rd at +1....3 under today...up 119 places....
Yet tied with him in 3rd is Oli Fisher who's 5 under.......so tied 3rd but 6 shots apart...
Pile of poo.......

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Currently showing Poulter in a tie for 3rd at +1....3 under today...up 119 places....
Yet tied with him in 3rd is Oli Fisher who's 5 under.......so tied 3rd but 6 shots apart...
Pile of poo.......

All over the place when I logged onto the leader board, however, rectified quickly by sorting on the position

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
So. I can't find the podcasts, I can't find video highlights of yesterday. There is no live Twitter feed with news, clips and photos, the leaderboard takes more pokes and more time than previously.

Apart from that, it looks lovely...

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
on the iphone, downloaded the updated app
click on leaderboard and the app crashes and exits

The whole thing is a sheer utter total embarrassment on their flagship event and makes the ET look like a complete bunch of amateurs

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Apparently this new ET app was launched last Monday,Now I dont know about these things but now 6 days and still the site doesent function properly,what is going on :confused:.

Visit site
Thank heavens it isn't just me. Having noticed this pile of dog faeces from day 1, my immediate thought was surely there must be complaints somewhere on line but couldn't find any until now. If it aint broke, don't fix it! There was nothing wrong with the old website.
All I really want from the site is an accurate up to date leader-board with the ability to to easily see various player and course stats. This site is now embedded with fancy flash enhancements that achieve nothing except slow down browsing. The leader-board doesn't update. Surely the imbeciles responsible could have seen how useless it was from day 1 and rolled back to the old site until they fix it? No doubt that clueless non-golfer from Canada will have been behind this atrocity.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
So, I'm assuming that they actually have the leaderboard correct....or have they?
Ross Fisher and Beef are tied at -3
Both shot level par today
And yet one has moved up a load of places and one has moved down.....if they both shot level par and are tied in the same score then they must have moved up or down by the same number ..
With that stat being wrong, how much can you believe then rest of the numbers..?
Still a shambles after this amount of time.......

Fish

Banned
Visit site
It's shocking, and I told them as much on Twitter but as I expected, they didn't respond.

Can't log in, can't pick more than 2 players to follow unless you log in, which it won't let you do!

It's an embarrassment.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's pathetic.
I've wasted so much time looking for the info I wanted ................. and I'll never get that time back!