The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Best looking there is the Mizzy...
Mavrik looks odd and the SIM looks deformed:LOL: and they're both daft names
I hope they look better from the other side:unsure:

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Taylormade looks awful IMO, not all that keen on the others in this list either. They all look fairly uninspiring to me, given it's less than a year since the last releases I'm not sure they will be an improvement on any of the previous models. They certainly dont look any better than the older models

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Have promised myself to not buy any new clubs this year, particularly drivers. My last 5 have all performed identically.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Like the Mizuno best, but I am interested in what Ping bring out to replace the G410.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
My normal flight path is a tight little draw, not the modern power fade, because I have a swing on the flat, inside-out side.

With those 460ss drivers, however, I'm all over the place. I often get beautiful lies from which to hit a second shot--from the wrong fairway.
Otherwise, I don't find the ball to hit a second shot--take the walk of shame back to the tee--and hope that I don't terrorize any wildlife with my next effort.

The reason is having to tee my ball too high and play it too far forward in my stance.

That's why I love the TaylorMade Original One 275 cc driver. The drive may not go quite as far, but I can usually find it to hit a second shot.
The clubhead is bigger than that of a fairway metalwood but smaller than that of most drivers. The 13.5º loft is excellent for a senior.

Imurg

Visit site
I really struggle with this, who cares what the sole of the driver looks like? got any pics of them at address?
I know what you mean but it's the shelf appeal business.
You need to make the soles look good to encourage Joe Public to pick it up and give it a waggle.
Not sure Callaway and TM have hit the right button this time.
Performance will be great but looks......Mmm..

D

Deleted member 1147

I really struggle with this, who cares what the sole of the driver looks like? got any pics of them at address?
Just what I always think; the only interesting view of any club is from address position.
Who cares what they look like to people standing behind you, or the worms Eye view?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I know what you mean but it's the shelf appeal business.
You need to make the soles look good to encourage Joe Public to pick it up and give it a waggle.
Not sure Callaway and TM have hit the right button this time.
Performance will be great but looks......Mmm..

do you really choose which ones to hit based on what the sole looks like on the shelf? really? just dont get it at all lol

Imurg

Visit site
do you really choose which ones to hit based on what the sole looks like on the shelf? really? just dont get it at all lol
Up to a point.
I cant look down on any of the M drivers due to the 2 tone finish - just does my eyes in.
Some people will be turned away from a club that looks horrible from any angle.
Colour makes a difference too. It's all in the image
Don't forget, the bulk of these will be bought in the States where taste is undoubtedly more questionable than here...
They'll sell buckets of them.

On a different track, it will be interesting to see how TM are going to market theirs
The last one was, after all, pushed to the absolute CT limit. Can they make it faster?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Up to a point.
I cant look down on any of the M drivers due to the 2 tone finish - just does my eyes in.
Some people will be turned away from a club that looks horrible from any angle.
Colour makes a difference too. It's all in the image
Don't forget, the bulk of these will be bought in the States where taste is undoubtedly more questionable than here...
They'll sell buckets of them.

On a different track, it will be interesting to see how TM are going to market theirs
The last one was, after all, pushed to the absolute CT limit. Can they make it faster?

thats my point though, you cant look down on it, ie how it looks at address, nothing to do with the sole

if its gonna hit me more fairways and give me another 10 yards you can write what you want on the bottom, draw in funny colours its totally irrelevant

Imurg

Visit site
thats my point though, you cant look down on it, ie how it looks at address, nothing to do with the sole

if its gonna hit me more fairways and give me another 10 yards you can write what you want on the bottom, draw in funny colours its totally irrelevant
But then you wont sell bucket loads in the States...:ROFLMAO: