New Driver Custum Fit

sambora666

Club Champion
Visit site
Morning all,

After a good year last year going from 14 to 11 I am now going to get a new driver. I am thinking a trip to the belfry. Question is is it worth waiting for the R11 to come out or just go now and take advantage of slightly cheaper prices?

Thanks,

Richard

robbest3offthetee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Why do you want to change if you h/cap has come down,something must be working,anyway if you want to wait for the r11 and can afford it why not,i personally would prefer grabbing a bargain last year model....

sambora666

Club Champion
Visit site
I miss too many fairways and yes this is down to my swing and practice with the driver but I feel that I have lost confidence with it, also after 5/6 years it is time to 'update'

Every club in my bag I have been fit for so I feel that if i can get a driver that suits my game then I should hopefully drop to my target of 9 by the end of 2011.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
is the £300 on a new driver going to fix the fault with the swing..........

Updating for a newer model is all good, and my driving did become more consistant with a updated model, but the same underlying faults are still there and my driving will not be right until these are fixed.

new sticks are not quick fixes.... but we all like new shiney stuff.

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
new sticks are not quick fixes.... but we all like new shiney stuff.

New sticks are exactly that.....a quick fix. Unless you are playing with a senior flex and your swing speed is around 110 mph :D

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Morning all,

After a good year last year going from 14 to 11 I am now going to get a new driver. I am thinking a trip to the belfry. Question is is it worth waiting for the R11 to come out or just go now and take advantage of slightly cheaper prices?

Thanks,

Richard

Richard if your going to be custom fit for your driver,how do you know the R11 is going to be right for you,imo go and see what the test reveals

sambora666

Club Champion
Visit site
I don't know that the TM R11 or R9 would be best for me thats why I will visit the Belfry or Precision Golf to get fitted.

I have tried the Ping G15, D2 and R9 and out of those the R9 was a better driver for me. But open to all suggestions.

If you are going down there why not go to the Taylor Made fitting centre at wentworth ?

D

Deleted member 1418

I am going to the TM custom fit centre at Silvermere on Sunday for a check-up on how my R9 is set up. £40 for an hour and that is deducted from any costs (i.e. new shaft) should I choose to change anything. Otherwise I can walk away with all my data and recommendations for a later date. Not a bad deal if you ask me.

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Dya no what. I've been on this forum for quiet some time now and the only contributer I've any faith in when it comes to questions about shafts and custom fitting is Ethan. He constantly comes up with the goods. I trust his judgement 100%. The guy talks sense.

A

Alex1975

sambora666 welcome to the forum, its the best there is, it just has one fault! People on here love to tell you how to spend or not spend your money.

You had a good year and you would like a new driver.... Go for it sir, you deserve it and I do not see it as you trying to quick fix.

If the R11 looks good to your eye then I would wait for it so that you can at least have a go on it. I too think it is super ugly and I would not want to stand over it, but you not buying it for me... or are you?? :D

what elce is on your list of things to look at? The new Cally? I hear good things about it!