new clubs for 2021

Yant

Head Pro
Visit site
I’m going for a full bag kit out this year.

Irons - probably either MP20 or 921 tour.
Woods - probably TaylorMade Sim.
Wedges - probably vokey SM8’s (or 9’s if they’re available).

happyhacker

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Driver changed for TSI3. 3 wood about to order new PXG 0211. Very reasonable upcharge of the shaft I want makes it reasonable upgrade compared to matching in a TSI 3 wood.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Gloves and tees are all I'm changing this year, my entire bag has been replaced in the last 18 months so nothing else required.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
I was joking with my wife about how I might be some new clubs as the neighbour was showing his off over Christmas, after getting a bit of a funny look I said "Dont worry, I dont need new clubs they wouldnt make me play any better. If I spent the same amount on lessons I'd likely be much better though" to which she replied "well why dont you do that then"

I'll just have to polish the current clubs to make them shiny again

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Currently on the lookout for something to fill my bag between 3wood and 24* hybrid. Likely to be a 19* hybrid i think.

Also watching a few lob wedges on the electronic bay. Bought a pair of TM MGs back in October that I really like so currently looking at a 58* or 60* to complete the set.

Beyond that its my 30th this year and I've asked the missus for a new set of irons. Tried the Ping i500s and TM P790s out before Xmas but I'd had a few too many drinks the night before and could barely hit the ball so it was fairly inconclusive. If anything comes out over the next couple of months that catch my eye they'll also enter the fray.

That PXG sale has put the cat amongst the pigeons as well!

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Woods and wedges were replaced last year. Planning to upgrade my irons this year with the intention of swapping my Callaway Apex for Mizuno JPX921 Hot Metal.

I swapped my Apex CF16s for JPX919's (forged...not the hot metals) back in August 2019....they say nothing feels like a Mizuno and those Mizuno's felt like nothing on Earth....the wonderful muted soft responsive feeling of the Apex irons with their cup face just disappeared instantly. Despite being fitted for them I soon came to realise the 919's were simply horrible in comparison, harsh, unfeeling, unresponsive.

Back in July 2020 I got rid of the 919's and got a set of Apex CF19's.....joy has returned to my golfing life!!! Despite being much smaller heads than the 919's (I went to the 919's because I was looking for a bigger head for more forgiveness) the Apex's are just wonderfully easy to hit and deliver feel and responsiveness in spades.

Hopefully your experience with your planned 921's will be positive....but, unless you need to offload the Apex's to fund the Mizzies, I'd hang on to them for a little while until you are convinced you did the right thing.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Funny enough I was thinking of getting some i210s and trading in my lengthened, upright, great condition MP64s...
Ha!
They're good sticks but I just find they're missing.. something..don't know what, totally irrational and illogical but there you are...

D

Deleted Member 1156

Funny enough I was thinking of getting some i210s and trading in my lengthened, upright, great condition MP64s...
Not sure if you peeped in my bag at H4H but I've got i210's and very pleased with them. Definitely worth a look to see if they are suitable for you (y)

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I swapped my Apex CF16s for JPX919's (forged...not the hot metals) back in August 2019....they say nothing feels like a Mizuno and those Mizuno's felt like nothing on Earth....the wonderful muted soft responsive feeling of the Apex irons with their cup face just disappeared instantly. Despite being fitted for them I soon came to realise the 919's were simply horrible in comparison, harsh, unfeeling, unresponsive.

Back in July 2020 I got rid of the 919's and got a set of Apex CF19's.....joy has returned to my golfing life!!! Despite being much smaller heads than the 919's (I went to the 919's because I was looking for a bigger head for more forgiveness) the Apex's are just wonderfully easy to hit and deliver feel and responsiveness in spades.

Hopefully your experience with your planned 921's will be positive....but, unless you need to offload the Apex's to fund the Mizzies, I'd hang on to them for a little while until you are convinced you did the right thing.

I won't change blindly, but whilst the Apex are a lovely club, I've only gone backwards since I've had them, was a 13 handicapper, now 18?. Want to switch to some more forgiving clubs.

Hammertoe

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm pretty set to be honest, very happy with everything, the only thing I would maybe consider would be my wedges, I have the RTX 3's in 48, 52, 56 & 60, absolutely love them but they have a few years on them and would only consider changing for the RTX 4's, if I got a really good deal on them as 4 wedges won't be cheap

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Can’t afford anything at the moment, I need a whole bag refresh, wedges to woods anyway. Doing it piecemeal will just lead to issues down the line with gapping.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'm pretty set to be honest, very happy with everything, the only thing I would maybe consider would be my wedges, I have the RTX 3's in 48, 52, 56 & 60, absolutely love them but they have a few years on them and would only consider changing for the RTX 4's, if I got a really good deal on them as 4 wedges won't be cheap

I've picked up RTX wedges for great prices on eBay in the past. New for about £60.