New club - tee times chocca!

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’ve joined a new club this week, finally got the logins today so went online to book some times for the next few weeks. They allow you to book 3 weeks in advance, which is good. However, every weekend morning slot is booked up for the next 2 weeks, and some of them with singles/2 balls and you can’t book in with them.

I’ll speak to the pro shop about it, but what’s the general thoughts on jumping on with a single/2 ball? At my last club you couldn’t block out a whole time without inputting the other 3 players names, worked really well because it meant you played with different players most weeks and every who wanted to play could get a time. I personally don’t mind anyone joining me. If I wanted to play on my own I’d go at a quiet time.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Add to a single/2 ball but message first. Club sent email recently to say you ‘must’ expect to have people join if you aren’t a fourball

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You cannot book out slots where I play without supplying a members name or paying a visitors green fee unless you are playing a match.

2 slots booked to just two 2 balls means for slots less for potential paying visitors and that is £200 down the pan.

All members are expected to have others join them is there space on the booking sheet.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I joined a new club in April, didn't know anybody so just stuck my name down with others, the best way of getting to meet other members.

A couple of times it was just with a single and they later scrubbed their name off before we were due to play, I guess either something came up and they couldn't play, they didn't want to play with anyone else or my reputation preceded me.

RichA

Visit site
These conversations make me really appreciate my smallish, friendly club with a strong WhatsApp social group always ready to invite new folk along or add an extra one or two to a booking.
Surely other clubs have something similar or do most golfers always play with the same 2 or 3 people?

Grizzly

Visit site
Agreed. Joined my club not knowing anyone, it's been easy to get to know people, and there has never been one grumble at a random tag along (even when I accidentally tagged on to a knock out match, they made the effort to sort me an alternative slot).

D

Deleted member 16999

Never heard of a Club allowing a single to block book a Tee for themselves.

You definitely need to speak to the Pro or Club Manager/Secretary.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, I’ve messaged one of the singles to check I’m ok to join in, will speak to the pro if need be.

I tested the system, booked myself in for a completely free tee time, asked a mate of mine to see if he could book himself in alongside me, but it didn’t allow him. That seems absolutely mental to me.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
My first club did this apart from on comp days. You booked a slot and that became yours regardless of number of players.
If someone wanted to play the pro would ask or someone might wait on the first tee.

Ideal if you wanted to practice or get round quick.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
You cannot book out slots where I play without supplying a members name or paying a visitors green fee unless you are playing a match.

2 slots booked to just two 2 balls means for slots less for potential paying visitors and that is £200 down the pan.

All members are expected to have others join them is there space on the booking sheet.
As above. The only exception to the two balls ’rule’ is where the two ball is playing a competion match. In such circumstances the two ball can contact the pro shop to have the other two slots booked out to ‘Match’.

The pro shop is clearly able to verify that the two ball is indeed playing a match. Otherwise we just book times if free - though I’ll always check with the existing booking that they are not playing a match and haven’t contacted the shop.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, I’ve messaged one of the singles to check I’m ok to join in, will speak to the pro if need be.

I tested the system, booked myself in for a completely free tee time, asked a mate of mine to see if he could book himself in alongside me, but it didn’t allow him. That seems absolutely mental to me.

Which ISV do the club use?

We use Intelligent Golf. When making a booking you have to remember to book the number of players as well as putting your name down. The default is 4 players and if left like that rest go as anonymous and cannot be booked until the proshop or office delete all anonymouses. (which they do regularly).

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
At our place anyone can book into spare slots and are welcome to do so without asking.

The only time I’ve had slots with dummy guests entered by the pro shop is when I have had a match.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Which ISV do the club use?

We use Intelligent Golf. When making a booking you have to remember to book the number of players as well as putting your name down. The default is 4 players and if left like that rest go as anonymous and cannot be booked until the proshop or office delete all anonymouses. (which they do regularly).

Ours is IG as well, but for some reason doesn’t work the same as yours. I tested it the other day by booking myself in as a single, and asked another member to see if he could book in alongside me...he couldn’t. Bit annoying really. I will speak to the club about it but I’m assuming it’s meant to be like this.

D

Deleted member 15344

Ours is IG as well, but for some reason doesn’t work the same as yours. I tested it the other day by booking myself in as a single, and asked another member to see if he could book in alongside me...he couldn’t. Bit annoying really. I will speak to the club about it but I’m assuming it’s meant to be like this.
That means they have set it up to not allow people to join bookings