New Club, New Handicap?

PAULIEG

Visit site
Hello all,

Thought I'd ask here as you guys always seem to have the answers..........

I'm potentially moving clubs and wondered what the correct procedure now is for obtaining a new handicap. I've heard that, rather than being able to take your old handicap with you or getting an average from three marked rounds it is now the case that the play the three rounds but the score from your best one is taken as being your handicap. Is that right? Also, if I do move to a club with only nine holes I'm told they take the best two lots of nine. Would that be correct?

Thanks in advance.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If you are currently a member with a handicap and you join a new club within 6 months of leaving the old one then your handicap should be transferred across

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
As fundy states a handicap should be transferred from one club to another if there is no more than 6 months in between.

For initial handicap allocation you are correct in saying it is the best card minus rounding and SSS which gives a new handicap.
But this should only apply to new or lapsed handicaps.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
your handicap sec at the new club will do all the necessary transfers, however, it's usefull if you give him a current handicap cert to start.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Handicap should transfer, if too high it will work itself out via cuts and ESR, if too low the annual handicap review should pick up on it.