Never saw a thing

steadyon

Hacker
Visit site
I’ve just started playing regularly again. My eyes haven’t got warmed up yet so every now and again I play a hot and just never see a thing. Don’t pick it up at all! I don’t think it’s my eyes as such because the ones I do see I follow pretty well. Som3times lose them after the first bounce on long ones though.

i wandered about something like a shot tracer app I could use on my phone and put it just behind me like some of the YouTube creators do. I’d have it there as a just in case. Anyone else tried this. It would only be for the odd times I go playing on my own.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You could do….but it would 1) take time to set up/sort
2) still require manual work as it isn’t fully automated…and not always correct!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Cheers, I was thinking I could probably clip it on my trolley somehow so it wasn’t too much faffing about.
Legal? Thinking not so much about helping you find a ball but a shot tracker could easy be considered an on-course shot assessment and revision/coaching/practice aid.

Last edited:

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I’ve just started playing regularly again. My eyes haven’t got warmed up yet so every now and again I play a hot and just never see a thing. Don’t pick it up at all! I don’t think it’s my eyes as such because the ones I do see I follow pretty well. Som3times lose them after the first bounce on long ones though.

i wandered about something like a shot tracer app I could use on my phone and put it just behind me like some of the YouTube creators do. I’d have it there as a just in case. Anyone else tried this. It would only be for the odd times I go playing on my own.

The shot tracers on YouTube are added during editing.

If you want live shot tracing then you'll need deep pockets for a trackman (or equivalent).

RichA

Visit site
I've had a similar issue. I don't need them legally, but wear distance glasses for car driving. I couldn't play golf in them though, as they'd screw with focusing on the ball at address.
When I came back to golf a year ago, I struggled to follow longer shots. My ball tracking is better if I spend a few minutes focusing on objects on the horizon before I hit the first tee, to relax my eyes, rather than dicking around with my phone or scorecard. Avoiding dull dawn starts and sunset finishes helps too.
Tracking your ball also seems to be a skill that improves with practice.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Having recently started (for most daily situations) wearing a near vision contact lens in left eye, and distance lens in right (dominant) eye, I find that that combination does not work for me that well on the golf course as I seem to struggle to track the flight of the ball. I’m guessing this is to do with losing good binocular vision as that is possibly crucial for tracking ball motion and position in ‘3D’.

So for golf it is distance lens in both. Makes managing my stock of lenses more complicated but a minor inconvenience.

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site

the more you play the better you'll get at recognizing strike if i lose sight of a ball (into the sun or white clouds in the winter) i can normally tell which direction it is heading

IanMcC

Visit site
Having recently started (for most daily situations) wearing a near vision contact lens in left eye, and distance lens in right (dominant) eye, I find that that combination does not work for me that well on the golf course as I seem to struggle to track the flight of the ball. I’m guessing this is to do with losing good binocular vision as that is possibly crucial for tracking ball motion and position in ‘3D’.

So for golf it is distance lens in both. Makes managing my stock of lenses more complicated but a minor inconvenience.
Similar for me. I wear one distance lens and keep the other eye natural. Alternate each day. Great for my vision, but shite for my snooker and following balls on the golf course. :)