Need some help picking a day out :)

SHiiBBZ

Club Champion
Visit site
Courses.JPG

I received a four-ball voucher recently for one of the above courses. I did a mystery shop at one of the courses which entitles me to a free round.

I've only ever played Hurtmore GC in Godalming and Farleigh and know nothing about the rest of the courses. We all play off 15-20 and just looking for a bit of a special day out - somewhere that's not just your usual £25/£30 round at a local course.

Are there any here that stick out as a nice day out?

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
The PGA National at The Belfry is a more balanced course than The Brabazon, and you can still watch from behind The Brabazon 18th green as groups of corporate golfers duff their shots into the drink.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
You probably weren't considering this one anyway, but don't pick Wexham. They are redesigning the course, half of it is bulldozed and what remains is on a shortened lay-out at the moment.

sunshine

Visit site
What Phil said plus, Winchester ... and I hear good things about Sudbury although never played it.

If you've only played Hurtmore, most of the others are an upgrade. ( No offence to Hurtmore)

Sudbury is bang average. It is the archetypal £25-£30 local course that the OP is trying to avoid.

sunshine

Visit site
As you are looking for a special day out, I'd go for PGA National at the Belfry or the Forest of Arden (the championship course not the other one). Not played Frilford Heath but heard it is nice.

I'd avoid any of the courses listed as London, Middlesex or Herts. They are not poor courses, they are just average (maybe West Herts is a bit above average).

D

Deleted member 29109

Can’t comment on many, but Forest of Arden is nice.

I don’t think any of the Belfry courses are all that great.

phils226

Medal Winner
Visit site
From a West Midlands - and my own -perspective neither of the courses at the Belfry are worth it. The Forest of Arden is great if your playing that course and not the Aylesford. Bromsgrove is ok but short. My choice like others would be Frilford Heath