Nearest shaft to this one

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Hello. This week I took the opportunity to hit my mates Callaway X16 driver off a couple of tees and was amazed st the distance ,and accuracy, compared with my old Cobra. It was night and day.
I am mid seventies, swing speed circa 85.
Consensus was that it was the shaft mainly responsible.
The shaft was a MCA tensei flex A. I'm guessing this is a senior flex shaft?
Sod's law, I am informed that this is a discontinued shaft.
Does anyone know the equivalent MCA shaft now available, please.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
MCA means Mitsubishi Chemical

Tensei is a range of shafts

You are missing the letters that go with it

A flex means Active flex sometimes referred to as Senior

Take a look at the mca-golf.com website

Homer

Visit site
Hello. This week I took the opportunity to hit my mates Callaway X16 driver off a couple of tees and was amazed st the distance ,and accuracy, compared with my old Cobra. It was night and day.

Just get one off eBay.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
MCA means Mitsubishi Chemical

Tensei is a range of shafts

You are missing the letters that go with it

A flex means Active flex sometimes referred to as Senior

Take a look at the mca-golf.com website

Thanks for the info and confirmation about a senior shaft. What I posted was as much as I can remember about the shaft. Re the colour bands referred to by Iainp. I have seen current MCA tensei shafts with blue, orange, white bands, but this one is before these, I think.
It's overall colour is silver/grey..Can't see it on the website.
If the e bay quest should fail, I should still like to know which current shaft is the equivalent. I have seen a MCA kura Kage with the letters Lgt . I presume this is Ladies flex?. Not sure, which is why I'm asking if anyone knows .
Cheers

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
I'd guess it would be red or blue. I think just a small band on the shaft.
I don't think it was the stock shaft for the XR16.
Most shafts will come in a softer flex than regular, but probably some different names- A Flex, Lite, Senior etc.

Do you know what is in your existing driver?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Best thing to do is to actually contact your 'mate' (or ask him when you next see him) for the exact details of the shaft. Tensei was (and is) a seriously large range of shafts with various attributes. But definitely, A flex is 'Active' which is designed for slower swing speeds of Ladies or Seniors - 85 isn't particularly slow btw so 'R' might suit also. The weight of the shaft is also a (more imo) significant factor. For Tensei shafts, there will be a 'style' eg. ‎CK Blue · ‎CK Pro Orange · ‎CK Red · ‎CK Pro Blue all with slightly/significantly different attributes. So, to identify the actual shaft, you need the Style (Band Colour and, in this case 'Pro' or not) and (possibly most importantly) Weight - given that flex is known to be 'A'. Oh and whether it's a 'made for Callaway' (I don't think it is) or a custom (real) version of the shaft. One other thing...I think it's likely to actually be an XR16!

For comparison, what's your current Driver and shaft?

Also note the 'classic' issue with anything in golf - Everything works great until you actually pay for it!