National anthem

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
List of players who have played for Scotland born in England. 🤔

England​

😉
Cheers for that.

Never new Jimmy Wardhaugh was born in England.
With Willie Bauld and Alfie Conn they played 8,9,and 10 in the great Hearts 1950's team.

Hibs Joe Baker is the only notable player I can recall who went the other way to play for England and eventually Arsenal.
English mother or grandmother I think.

Can anyone recall Lord Kinnaird playing.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I was born in England, but two grandparents were born in Aberdeen and two grandparents were born in South Wales.

For some of us, UK nationality is without question, but sporting country allegiance can be complicated.
I feel that I am mostly English, because that is where I was born and have lived. But I am very aware of a lack of English relatives and ancestors.

I like to see English teams do well, but I am just as strong a supporter of any Welsh or Scottish teams.
And I generally don't feel much need to explain myself, although I have done so here.

I think all we can do is respect the individual's choice when they make it.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
.....and both players played for Ireland, :unsure:

That doesn’t make them “Irish”

some players have residency that allows them to play for certain countries after a period of time , some have family ties to a country

There are no doubt multiple English players that have played for Scotland

Grealish played for Ireland U21

Rice played in three friendlies

Costa played for Brazil and Spain

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
That doesn’t make them “Irish”

some players have residency that allows them to play for certain countries after a period of time , some have family ties to a country

There are no doubt multiple English players that have played for Scotland

Grealish played for Ireland U21

Rice played in three friendlies

Costa played for Brazil and Spain

Who said they were Irish ?

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I was born in England, but two grandparents were born in Aberdeen and two grandparents were born in South Wales.

For some of us, UK nationality is without question, but sporting country allegiance can be complicated.
I feel that I am mostly English, because that is where I was born and have lived. But I am very aware of a lack of English relatives and ancestors.

I like to see English teams do well, but I am just as strong a supporter of any Welsh or Scottish teams.
And I generally don't feel much need to explain myself, although I have done so here.

I think all we can do is respect the individual's choice when they make it.

National ties are now more about who you represent rather than country of birth. I couldn’t care less where they are born personally, if they want to represent my country then I’ll support them regardless.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The best NA's are celebrating the Nation & it's people & not about someone who is simply born to be the Head of State....... until that changes you will have problems with people squealing the rather sad un-patriotic line.