National anthem

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Seems to be getting a bit personal at times please keep it to the topic and remember trolling and flaming are against forum rules, might be worth some of you having a refrest on MH post at the top of the page on Forum Rules.

IanMcC

Visit site
Agreed it's a pathetic song, give us Scotland the Brave or the Dark Isle , even more depressing :ROFLMAO:, the theme from Outlander. my wee pal does a cracking instrumental acoustic version, I'll try and post it (y)
Im Scottish as well, and I am truly sick of Flower of Scotland.
Our anthem should be either 'A Man's A Man for a' That' or 'Hail Caledonia.'

D

Deleted Member 1156

Scotland the Brave would be my choice ?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
How about "Wandering Star" then sports men and womed can get away without knowing the words and just mumble Lee Marvin Style and no one would be any the wiser

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Seems to be getting a bit personal at times please keep it to the topic and remember trolling and flaming are against forum rules, might be worth some of you having a refrest on MH post at the top of the page on Forum Rules.

You could apply this comment to a number of threads on here yesterday. It's becoming a bit of a drag. Nothing wrong with a bit of banter,

I'd rather have "Donald Where's Yir Troosers?"

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Another vote for 'A Man's a Man...' - beautifully and movingly sung at the (re)opening of the Scottish Parliament in 1999. Words that reflect what I'd hope for in a nation and it's peoples.

Mind you - I'd forgotten all about 'Hail Caledonia' - rousing stuff for an anthem though perhaps a bit too much mention of heather, kilt and pipes :)