National anthem

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Agreed it's a pathetic song, give us Scotland the Brave or the Dark Isle , even more depressing :ROFLMAO:, the theme from Outlander. my wee pal does a cracking instrumental acoustic version, I'll try and post it (y)
Thing is Roy Williamson wrote it as a slow reflective lament about Flodden - it was never meant to be a rousing anthem...for that I agree it’s certainly had its time - but you can pull up a video on youtube of Roy and Ronnie singing it as originally intended with them sitting outdoors on a rise looking to the Eildon Hills and it is lovely and moving. But we all do like a bit of Caledonia though might have to get dougie maclean to write some less maudlin lyrics.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
An English anthem could use the tune of Greensleeves with new words, it’s easy starter is if you substitute ‘England’ for ‘Greensleeves’. A nice very English tune that can be belted out emphasising Greensleeves/England.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
An English anthem could use the tune of Greensleeves with new words, it’s easy starter is if you substitute ‘England’ for ‘Greensleeves’. A nice very English tune that can be belted out emphasising Greensleeves/England.
Or something making use of 'You'll never walk alone' which should be our Nation's Motto