myRoundPro Microsoft Band user group

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Not expecting this to have same legs as game golf thread, but have seen a few mentions of people using myRoundPro so an opportunity to share experiences etc. Neither the golf tile or the TM site have that much help.

BubbaP

Visit site
Charged up the band on chrimbo day, have a Windows work phone and am liking the interaction so far. Also messing with sleep monitoring, heart rates, tracking the dog walks etc.

Popped out for 10 holes couple of days later. I already knew the MRP website was not quite right with some courses changes, and sure enough it was not seeing the 1st tee. So I started at the 2nd. From then on it did well, although being on some temps was not ideal. I had not synched the phone with MRP so the 9 holes could not be uploaded.

A few days later I played an unfamiliar course. Band had a couple of wobbles mid round. My initial reaction is as a user you don't have enough control to set it back on track, although I do need to experiment more. I did do the post round fixing which was kind of fun.

Have put a request in with MRP support to see if can sort the 1st tee on home course. Have a plan to see if can trick it next time out.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Ive been using MRP for a while now.... firstly manually entering my rounds and then when the Band2 became available, by uploading my rounds.

The support is very poor.... and the only change Ive seen in 4 months is the addition of individual club yardage.

The problem with MyRoundPro is that Taylor Made actually don't get any benefit from its use.... its not as though they make money from sales of the Microsoft Band.... hence there is little pressure on them to respond to support requests.

There are some simple flaws such as shots in the driving stats section being logged as being on the opposite side of the fairway to where they really ended up (even though they have been GPS logged in the correct place).

The approach stats are excellent and the dartboard style representation of how close shots landed to the pin is excellent... but the same "scale" of chart is used for shots from within 25yds as used for 150-200 yes.

Worst of all is the green overlay that sits on top of the Google Earth representation of the course which totally obscures all the course features making it difficult to fine tune the location of shots. Sure you can move a slider so the overlay is moved out of the way but it immediately snaps back into position if you click on the hole. At least three requests to have this overlay turned off (or at least have it as an option) have been ignored.

Ultimately I fear for the on going support and development of this system, and can see it lagging behind others where the developers actually have a vested interest in constantly improving things.

Ive used Game Golf so have an alternative perspective as to how other systems operate....Arccos Golf will be supporting Android users soon.... that's another system I'd like to have a go with.

BubbaP

Visit site
Several good points there. I was wondering if the band 2 release might inject some fresh impetus into things.

Be great if TaylorMade could put out a communication of some sort, like they have been inundated with requests and have a backlog, or it just is not a priority for them or whatever.

Jimbob used to frequent forum a lot and was at TM UK so might know something, or maybe our intrepid GM reporters can find something out.

Shame they have not done what the freecaddie guys did years ago, they released an editor so the people who knew (the golfers) could edit the course/maps themselves. Sensible shift of labour and it was not a chore to do.

I'll be experimenting some more once back on a full course.

Roland

Assistant Pro
www.canal-view.co.uk
Enjoying my band and feel that the 'strokes gained' stat is better at telling me where my weaknesses are than my mates. In my case it is my approach play. Definitely all quiet on the Taylormade front, I guess they will only invest in it if it starts to get popular.

As an aside I use the band for a few other things, gardening and putting up some fence panels, it came out as quite a good workout. Use the run function on a brisk walk although am thinking about doing an proper run. Couple of other guys at the golf club are interested in it after I showed them what it could do.

BubbaP

Visit site
Just a quick update that James from the forum kindly ensured the feedback around support reached the correct people in TM, and have this feedback.

- Have recently been made aware of an issue with the support functionality which meant that a proportion of the messages weren’t coming through to them
- Should be able to see vast improvements in the support over the coming weeks

So fingers crossed things look better in time for the ending of temporary greens.

Roland

Assistant Pro
www.canal-view.co.uk
Just a quick update that James from the forum kindly ensured the feedback around support reached the correct people in TM, and have this feedback.

- Have recently been made aware of an issue with the support functionality which meant that a proportion of the messages weren’t coming through to them
- Should be able to see vast improvements in the support over the coming weeks

So fingers crossed things look better in time for the ending of temporary greens.
Good news, thanks.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Mmmmm......might have come to late for this particular golfer who will be placing a pre order tomorrow for the Shot Scope system..... its like Game Golf in that it uses club tags, but uses a dedicated wristband to log GPS positions, auto detect shots and determine what club you used based on the detected tag.

Initial enquiries about the product have been met with immediate responses from the developers.... even at 4pm on a Sunday afternoon. That alone fills me with positivity.

Roland

Assistant Pro
www.canal-view.co.uk
Mmmmm......might have come to late for this particular golfer who will be placing a pre order tomorrow for the Shot Scope system..... its like Game Golf in that it uses club tags, but uses a dedicated wristband to log GPS positions, auto detect shots and determine what club you used based on the detected tag.

Initial enquiries about the product have been met with immediate responses from the developers.... even at 4pm on a Sunday afternoon. That alone fills me with positivity.
Yes I saw that and it looks good, may go for that if my band packs up, how much is it? There are so many devices out there it will be interesting to see what comes out on top after time. I guess a few will fall by the wayside and get bought up, wouldn't surprise me if Microsoft snap this one up so they can add NFC tech to a newer version of the band.

BubbaP

Visit site
Bit of a note to self. Not had time to play recently, but today remembered about the double press to pause feature. When paused you have more control. Due to conditions the course is on several short tees and the pause made it easy to set the hole.

Roland : I also used the run function to track a few different dog walks we do. Was also quite surprised what was recorded during a decent range session. Was probably trying to shove my body into unfamiliar positions though!

Roland

Assistant Pro
www.canal-view.co.uk
Have been using this regularly now and have found the dashboard is now showing 0% fairways hit and 0.0 for strokes gained on Driving (which is obviously wrong) regardless of how I filter the rounds, anyone else having this problem?

Also noticed there is an update for the Golf tile but it only applies to Band 2 users, apparently you can now put it in competition mode so it can be used in a comp. I have a Band 1 but to be honest I would not use this in a comp as it is a bit distracting.

HickoryShaft

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Hmmm not filling me with confidence. I was looking at this as replacement for an age old gps system that is now glitchy and figured the whole watch route is simple but this gave it the additional functionality i want.

I will hang on a bit to see how it goes before buying now.

DavidP2001

Visit site
Have been using this regularly now and have found the dashboard is now showing 0% fairways hit and 0.0 for strokes gained on Driving (which is obviously wrong) regardless of how I filter the rounds, anyone else having this problem?

Also noticed there is an update for the Golf tile but it only applies to Band 2 users, apparently you can now put it in competition mode so it can be used in a comp. I have a Band 1 but to be honest I would not use this in a comp as it is a bit distracting.

I've had the same problem. Just started a little over a week ago. I have reported it via their website twice but heard nothing. The dashboard has such promise but I'm getting a bit disheartened by their lack of response.

Roland

Assistant Pro
www.canal-view.co.uk
Hmmm not filling me with confidence. I was looking at this as replacement for an age old gps system that is now glitchy and figured the whole watch route is simple but this gave it the additional functionality i want.

I will hang on a bit to see how it goes before buying now.
Yes I'd definitely wait and see if you are only going to use it for golf, it feels like Microsoft and Taylormade are waiting to see what happens with this rather than pushing to improve it. The reason I bought it was because these two names were behind it but I think sales have not met expectations so it could go the way of the Betamax!

Roland

Assistant Pro
www.canal-view.co.uk
Is there a course list anywhere as to what courses are mapped? I cannot find it on the website

Not sure there is, You can see new courses using the Microsoft Health App on your phone, not sure if this will work if you don't have a band connected first though. If it's a one off I will happily look for you? Most of the places around me are on so I'm guessing it has most places.

Roland

Assistant Pro
www.canal-view.co.uk
If you can look that would be great. It's Chelmsford Golf Club in Essex.

Thanks
No it's not there, I notice it's only just opened so I've put in a request for it on the website. I wouldn't hold my breath as it looks like the way they do it is with Google maps and ask your course is new they may not have up to date satellite images of it. If I get a notification its been done I'll let you know.

daveyc2k2

Tour Rookie
Visit site
No it's not there, I notice it's only just opened so I've put in a request for it on the website. I wouldn't hold my breath as it looks like the way they do it is with Google maps and ask your course is new they may not have up to date satellite images of it. If I get a notification its been done I'll let you know.

That's a bit odd. Our club celebrated it's Centenary in 1993, so is just over 120 years old??