Myjoys - the update

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
OK I've gone and done it and with the blessing of HID I have ordered two pairs of custom foojoys. I've gone for a pair of black dryjoys with a cobalt blue contrast with Homer in cobalt blue on both shoes. I tend to normally wear black or blue trousers so wanted a shoe that would match any outfit (very Trinny and Susannah!)

Also went for a pair of Dryjoy PODS in white with red side panel and black accent as these are the colours of my favourite team (Fulham) and again have Homer on the side.

I was going to get two pair of Pods but decided I didn't want two pairs in the same style. I also got a pretty good deal of £110 per pair which if you bear in mind both the Dryjoys and Pods are currently retailing in a lot of places (AG, Nevada Bobs etc) for £99 I didn't think and extra tenner for custom designed colours was two bad a price to pay.

Looking forward to getting them. The website says 3 weeks or so but the pro reckons it will be nearer 14 days.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
two pairs you flash git! (don't worry I'm just jealous ;) )

I like the sound of the black and blue dryjoys though, they sound great. Im glad you made the plunge, hopefully they are to your liking when they arrive.

Have you got any 36 hole competitions lined up? Play 18, go and change your shoes and shirt, keep the same trousers and you'll go out looking a different man- nice! It would make you feel fresh as well.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
TonyN

Ken_A has answered your question for me. The main reason is that I play Saturdays and Sundays most weekends including the winter and have found that my shoes are always damp at best for the Sunday round. Also, I play a lot of 36 hole events (club championship, the masters if I qualify, and a few pro-ams and society days) and so it is always nice to have fresh socks and shoes for the PM round especially if it is hot like it has been or particularly wet.

I currently have a pair of Dryjoys (in a nice brogue style they don't seem to make anymore which is a shame) which are 8 years old and the leather is finally beginning to go a bit thin on top and they aren't as waterproof anymore even with dubbing.

I also have a pair of Dryjoy PODS in the white (with silver side panel) which were an early present from my mother. Having worn these regulalrly they are comfy straight from the box so wanted something I could use straightaway without having to break them in.

Also I am being slightly vain in that I wanted something that would look good with the blue and black coloured trousers I normally wear and as the price my pro quoted me was good and HID was happy I thought I'd take the plunge and get two pairs at the same time.

Sadly that is my golfing budget spent not execpt for Christmas and any donations from GM (not withstanding essentials like balls). The only thing I might save up for now is a decent set of waterproofs but that is way down the line

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It is actually quite good fun designing them. The potential for creating some pure fashion disasters that even Poulter would wince at is huge. Fortuantely I am fairly conservative by nature but if you think you can pull the look off then their is a myriad of different schemes to choose from

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
Homer.

How did you know what size to go for? Did you try each syle in a shop in a particular size and go with that. The trouble is that FJ offer different widths as well, which the shops may not carry.

Did you order both the same size, as often differing styes from the same manufactuer can vary in sizing?

Can't imagine that the returns policy is very flexible if they don't quite fit correctly.

Like the idea of 2 though.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I'm a standard 8 in everything (except Adidas) and I already have a pair of the PODS in an 8 medium width so they should fit as they are exactly the same.

My old dryjoys are an 8 as well an I've tried a pair of the current dryjoys as well so they should all be pretty good

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Joy of joys

The club have just called and said my new shoes have arrived. Hats off to Footjoy as the order was only faxed on the 11th late PM so less than two weeks to make and send. Can't wait to go up there later and see the little beauties

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
OK I've tried to take pictures with a knackered webcam so apologies for the quality. One pair is the new Dryjoy PODS in white with red saddle and black accent wit HOMER stitched on in black. The other pair are black Dryjoys with a cobalt blue saddle and Homer in Cobalt blue

181626.jpg

181550.jpg

181231.jpg

181203.jpg

181053.jpg

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's official I want a pair of Myjoys! Very nice Homer I bet your chuffed they look great especially the black dryoys. Although the Pods are nice also. Out of interest as I have never seen a pair up close before is the lettering stitched on or stuck/ printed on?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The lettering is stitched and you can choose between flags (English, Union Flag etc) or a mongram up to 5 letters (I think) in a variety of colours. The dryjoys you can choose just the base colour (black, white, brown) and the saddle from about 40 different colours and on the PODS you have the same base colours but then choose the saddle and accent from the same 40 colours. You also get the chose or black white or brown laces.

There is another style called the contour (more of a summer style shoe) where the choice of base colour is more varied (including pink and red) and so if you fancied something a bit garish that may be the model to go for