My swing

WeekendWarrior

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Don't know if GM do this but looking to see what I can do to improve it.
Currently hitting a low to High right to
Left you can just about make the ball out in vid.

This drive went roughly 280 yards,

Any comments?

Swing

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I can see the swing, but no flipping way is that going 280 unless you landed it on a train.

Slow the back swing down, gather at the top, then go. Still won't go 280, but it will have more control, and look better.

WeekendWarrior

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Murph me and a friend measured to the back fence of our driving range with a bushnell and it's 273 and it hit the fence on the fly! Wind behind of course but I'm not lying wouldn't be any point won't help me get better !

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Fair enough, but it doesn't look like a 290 swing. I have played with a few on here who genuinely hit it long, pieman, snelly, just one, JammyD, and others at my own course, and your swing just doesn't match up. Just the way it is.
Sorry, don't want to put you out of sorts, but your swing must be deceptive in some way. It still doesn't look long. And 280 plus is out there.

WeekendWarrior

Assistant Pro
Visit site
That's fair enough, rather you were honest unfortunately we can't see where that little White thing goes. I might get someone to stand in the fairway and video my swing haha !

How do you get on with the tour exotic stuff thinking about getting a 3 wood !

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Love the tour exotic stuff. Sits really nicely. Makes a good satisfying crack when you hit it too. Expensive though. And the piping on the head cover looks fairly tatty quite quickly. That said, my clubs get a battering as they live in the car boot.

A

Alex1975

Fair enough, but it doesn't look like a 290 swing. I have played with a few on here who genuinely hit it long, pieman, snelly, just one, JammyD, and others at my own course, and your swing just doesn't match up. Just the way it is.
Sorry, don't want to put you out of sorts, but your swing must be deceptive in some way. It still doesn't look long. And 280 plus is out there.

Uber smash factor maybe?

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Don't know if GM do this but looking to see what I can do to improve it.
Currently hitting a low to High right to
Left you can just about make the ball out in vid.

This drive went roughly 280 yards,

Any comments?

Swing

When you say, "Currently hitting a low to High right to
Left", I'm confused what you mean. :D

What are you wanting to improve? Shape? Consistency? Accuracy? Length? No comment on whether your swing generates 280y... :p

Swing notes: Posture looks reasonable, perhaps a bit more dynamic needed. Shoulder line looks different to feet & hips line. Grip appears too weak on right hand? Take away straight, then a bit on inside, leading to shallowish loopy plane. Bit of a disconnect between arms & chest. Note your head dip, caused by shallow plane, loop & overswing. At top, club overswing and point well right - will lead to inconsistency on downswing and weight balance (note straightish right leg at top of swing). Difficult to see but i think the club also pointing to sky at top at parallel - grip issue? Downswing seems to be on same flatish plane, not over top. Rest looks fine.

I'd guess in main you hood your drives, meaning a low draw?

Things to work on are posture, uniform takeway, swing plane and mainly, far less overswing.

Hope that helps, and note its just my opinion! :cool:

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks for your help ! Do you know of any drills I can use to achieve a better shape ?

Assuming you mean swing plane, here's what I put on another thread:

"A good drill to solve the upswing is broken into three parts. Assuming good grip, the first part is the horizontal takeaway so that shaft is parallel to target and club head sole line is vertical; hands should be at upper thigh level. Second is to hinge wrists so that butt of club is pointing to the ball; this sets the plane. Third is a rotation of shoulders to top so that shoulders are 90 degs and club is parallel to target.

This drill needs to be done in slowly, repeating the three stages individually. Then piece together slowly. Mix practice with occasional ball hitting, so that you groove it correctly. This drill will need patience and work, so use vids to check progress."

Here's someone else's vid that also does the same as above: Swing plane drill

Other issues such as grip, weight, transition, etc. are best done by your pro.