My Swing please help

timbo1988

Medal Winner
Visit site
My Swing

Hi,

Please feel free to comment on my swing and areas I can improve and any drills which may help me. I play off 28 and my bad shot is usually a hook or bad pull and my good one a draw. I struggle with Woods and Long Irons with my short irons being fairly accurate. I hit a 7 iron 150-160 yards and have a 7 iron swing speed of 85-95 mph.

Many Thanks

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Welcome to the forum,Timbo
I cant help with your swing thats for the experts,but one thing i did notice was your ball position for the iron you were using,for me its too far forward which will result in a pull left.
Position the ball for a wedge near the middle of your stance,then move the ball left as you get up towards your driver which should be just inside your left heel.

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
Hello Timbo, welcome to the forum.

I nearly fell asleep on your backswing, and I thought mine was slow. :eek:

The positives...your posture looks pretty good from down the line, but would like to see one face on.

The negatives...your swing looks very flat, and you seem to colapse on your follow through. A good way to try and get your swing a little more upright, would be to swing a short iron with your backside against a wall. With your follow through, try and stand tall with high hands...chest to target, left leg straight, and up on your right toe.

HTH

timbo1988

Medal Winner
Visit site
Thanks for those tips keep them coming people. With my swing being so flat is this a reason for pulling/hooking the ball?

timbo1988

Medal Winner
Visit site
Thanks for those tips keep them coming people. With my swing being so flat is this a reason for pulling/hooking the ball?

Nope.
It's your grip.
Have you had it checked?

I had a lesson with a professional a year or so ago, we concentrated on my grip then as I used to slice the ball. Have I adjusted too much and therefore my grip is now to strong?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site

Nope.
It's your grip.
Have you had it checked?

I had a lesson with a professional a year or so ago, we concentrated on my grip then as I used to slice the ball. Have I adjusted too much and therefore my grip is now to strong?

Check your grip in a mirror. Does your grip look like this?

fviewgrip-1-1.jpg

timbo1988

Medal Winner
Visit site
I have taken some photo's as thought it would be easier for you to analyse rather than me look in a mirror.

[image]http://s1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb426/timbo0909/?action=view&current=DSCF0284.jpg[/image]

and

[image]http://s1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb426/timbo0909/?action=view&current=DSCF0282.jpg[/image]

and

[image]http://s1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb426/timbo0909/?action=view&current=DSCF0281.jpg[/image]

PS Sorry the images do not show up if you copy and paste the URL without the [image] parts they should show my grip from 3 different angles

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hi timbo.

You and I have something in common. Arms (hands) come away from the body and then when you set the club, it's flat (butt end outside the ball). It's not the best of faults, but when I have time, I'll explain some drills I've been doing to help with this.

timbo1988

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hi timbo.

You and I have something in common. Arms (hands) come away from the body and then when you set the club, it's flat (butt end outside the ball). It's not the best of faults, but when I have time, I'll explain some drills I've been doing to help with this.

Thanks that would be great.

The19thHole

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi timbo.

Arms (hands) come away from the body

what does this mean exactly?

timbo1988

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hi timbo.

Arms (hands) come away from the body

what does this mean exactly?

I think he means in my takeaway rather than coming straight back away from target I push my hands out away from body.

Does anybody have any comments on my grip from the picture links I posted? Is my grip to strong?

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
My Swing

Hi,

Please feel free to comment on my swing and areas I can improve and any drills which may help me. I play off 28 and my bad shot is usually a hook or bad pull and my good one a draw. I struggle with Woods and Long Irons with my short irons being fairly accurate. I hit a 7 iron 150-160 yards and have a 7 iron swing speed of 85-95 mph.

Many Thanks

Hi

There's something very strange going on with the left foot on the downswing!? I don't believe your swing speed range is correct...a 95 mph 7i swing is tour level and would yield a distance of around 180.

Defo work on grip, takeaway and that left foot thingy!