My Study of OBFL versus NBFL

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
No they work out the angles with a thing called touch. Its difficult to curve a ball abck to the middle of the fairway if you start it on the wrong path. Now if you are going to use silly face angles then you could argue that the face is more improtant than path but that's not my experience. I aim at the side of the fairway and curve the ball back with sufficient face conditions.

If you consider simple motor skills to be a black art then, yes!

Yadeyadeya. You are speaking round in circles and not answering the question. I will try again:

1) Do you believe that clubface direction affects sidespin.

2) Do you believe that swingpath affects initial ball direction.

OR

3) Do you believe in neither and say its is all a matter of 'FEEL'

Patrick57

Head Pro
Visit site
Yadeyadeya. You are speaking round in circles and not answering the question. I will try again:

1) Do you believe that clubface direction affects sidespin.

Of course.

2) Do you believe that swingpath affects initial ball direction.

Of course.

3) Do you believe in neither and say its is all a matter of 'FEEL'

I have enough understanding of the laws to let my feel take care of the flights.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Of course.

Of course.

I have enough understanding of the laws to let my feel take care of the flights.

In that case I feel further discussion with you is a complete waste of time. Why on earth do you start these discussions on Golf Forums when you have no intention of accepting others opinions.

I suggest you just take your Luddite self off and keep taking the money from your gullible students while you can.

The end.

Patrick57

Head Pro
Visit site
In that case I feel further discussion with you is a complete waste of time. Why on earth do you start these discussions on Golf Forums when you have no intention of accepting others opinions.

I suggest you just take your Luddite self off and keep taking the money from your gullible students while you can.

The end.

I have tried to answer everyone's opinions and I am mainly saying that a good golfer has always been able to shape shots and the slight tweaking that the scientists have made and discovered over the last two decades hasn't aided their ability to do this. I believe the contrary and the new laws with D_plane findings are further complicating the directives. I couldn't imagine a scenario where I would explain the effects of d-plane to my students.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
This one I think Scouser.....

[video=youtube;xRBurF9yIaU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRBurF9yIaU[/video]

About 1min 50sec he descibes the shot properly.

Last edited:

Patrick57

Head Pro
Visit site
This one I think Scouser.....

[video=youtube;xRBurF9yIaU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRBurF9yIaU[/video]

About 1min 50sec he descibes the shot properly.

I don't disagree with anything that is being said here and its just how I would desribe the shot. I have never advised pointing the clubface at the tree and the OBFL don't do this either. I did however wrongly believe that path had more influence on initial flight than face.

My arguement is... even with this new understanding I have made no conscious mental or physical alterations as to how to perform shot shaping. In a nutshell, teachers using OBFL still teach ball shaping very well and they are not idiots because they still use the old laws.