My putter fitting

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Nice write up Gareth and that putter looks the business.

One thing you mention that made me go 'eh' was the fact they used 'pebbles' (I presume you mean cheapo balls) for the fitting? Surely the feel off the face was compromised?

john0

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Good write up mate and a lovely looking putter you got yourself there.

You have however missed out the important facts about the putter fitting..........what colour trousers were you wearing? Was your belt the same colour as your T-shirt? Did you wear your sunglasses? Did you take a change of outfit with you, and if so what colour? These are the important facts that most golfers need to know these days :rant: :D

Last edited:

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nice write up Gareth and that putter looks the business.

One thing you mention that made me go 'eh' was the fact they used 'pebbles' (I presume you mean cheapo balls) for the fitting? Surely the feel off the face was compromised?

I thought the same. I have used Clubhouse Golf for a couple of things (not clubs though) before and is a cracking shop.

I would expect them to let you try the putters out with the ball of your choice though really. I wouldn't like to get fitted using a Distance ball and then find it doesn't feel very nice with the usual ones.

Edit: Could just take a sleeve of my own right enough. Or is it a ploy so you buy some of your usual when you're there :)

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Regarding the "pebbles" for balls comment I made. It was kind of a tongue in cheek comment.

The balls were Taylormade and, I think, one of the Burner range. I couldn't tell as they had 3 black lines where the model would be. I assume to show them as "Shop use only" balls.

When I got home I had a few practice putts on the carpet in the front room (...... As you do) and even with the AD333's I play the face feels buttery soft. If I played a Pro V or Z-Star I can't imagine how soft it would feel.

And John................ I made sure I had 3 red buttons on my polo to match the club :rofl:

A

Alex1975

So did they cut a putter down for you or did they have that Scotty in 33" in stock. Also did your lie angle change with the different brands or did the Scotty end up being 71*?

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
You pleb , the abaco is a work of art and only a true golf ledgend can hold such a beauty!

Oddsocks - the living legend.

Nice write up Gareth!

Just to be clear, I LOVE the Rife (especially in the cool finish), but couldn't own one because you own one, and you are a knob.

Hope that clears things up.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
So did they cut a putter down for you or did they have that Scotty in 33" in stock. Also did your lie angle change with the different brands or did the Scotty end up being 71*?

They had one 33" Del Mar in the store so it didn't need cutting down.

The lie was much of a muchness to be honest Alex.

Both YES! putters (Mollie and Marilyn) had a 72* lie angle.The Rife, from memory was the same as the Scotty at 71* and the Odyssey had 70*. The only one that really differed from the "norm" was the Nike Concept at 69*.

So not massive only 1*- 2*

Edit: Just checked the Rife website. It does have 71*

Last edited: