My first swing

richy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi all,

This is the first time I've uploaded a video so please be kind when ripping it apart ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPJoOGdhQbo
Its only short as I recorded it using iswing on my iphone

I noticed the flight was straight until it was on its way down then it slightly drifted to the right. It has only just started doing this.

Any comments are welcome as long as the help be get better and improve.

Thanks

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi there nice looking swing. Something to try is turning behind the ball a fraction more and feel that weight has moved to your back foot. It just looks to me that your left shoulder (and head to a certain extent) dips which might be because you turn right over the ball, a shade of reverse pivot perhaps?

Others on here are far more qualified to comment so feel free to take with the proverbial pinch of salt!

richy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As Sawtooth said, a very good swing.
What is your grip like, neutral, strong or weak?

To be honest bob im not to sure of the difference between the three. I think its neutral but I could be wrong.

The thumb of my left hand sits on top of the shaft and the crease between thumb and index finger on my right hand points towards my head. Not sure which one that is???????

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Try and move your right hand a fraction so the crease point more towards your right ear rather than just at your head :)
But just a fraction.
Check in the mirror and see how your grip compares with this

fviewgrip-1-1.jpg

DingleBerry

Assistant Pro
Visit site
posture looks good but i noticed that u where a bit un balanced in your follow thru i think u should slow up a tad!1

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Don't worry about your posture, it's fine.
The drift right is caused by the clubface spinninhg the ball to the right. Fix the grip and it will fix the drift. :)
As I said before, its a very small change