Multi coloured balls

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Found a Volvik Vivid once, looked great but played like a stone. Lost in a place where you shouldn't lose a ball?! Hope the Wilson offering is better (and cheaper).

If it's the DX2 in disguise and they don't change the price point then it's a great winter ball in my opinion. Soft feel (but not as soft as a Srixon Ultisoft), reasonable spin and £15 a dozen.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
If it's the DX2 in disguise and they don't change the price point then it's a great winter ball in my opinion. Soft feel (but not as soft as a Srixon Ultisoft), reasonable spin and £15 a dozen.
I already started using DX2s and they're good. They already make them in yellow, but I guess we're talking about a new, more illuminous kind here?

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Got a mate who works for Wilson Staff, tells me the DX2 Optix (same as Duo Soft http://www.wilson.com/en-us/golf/balls/wilson-staff/duo-soft-golf-balls) should start landing in stores tomorrow. I tried the Volvik when it was about, liked the colours, easy to spot, but the ball played like a stone. interested to try the DX2 as it's a reasonable winter ball. Apparently they will sell the red version in singles so can pick one up to try before buying a dozen.

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
Got a mate who works for Wilson Staff, tells me the DX2 Optix (same as Duo Soft http://www.wilson.com/en-us/golf/balls/wilson-staff/duo-soft-golf-balls) should start landing in stores tomorrow. I tried the Volvik when it was about, liked the colours, easy to spot, but the ball played like a stone. interested to try the DX2 as it's a reasonable winter ball. Apparently they will sell the red version in singles so can pick one up to try before buying a dozen.

Oh, they look shiny. I can't wait to try them out. Our golf club made some kind of special deal for Wilson balls, meaning we can get them a lot cheaper than those from other manufacturer's and I have already been playing the DX2 ladies this season and absolutely loved them. If these new ones come out and are made available to us at the same low price, I will definitely go for the pink ones :clap:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm already using the normal DX2's and I've found them to be really good, so I'll be very tempted by these colourful versions. :D

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I'm already using the normal DX2's and I've found them to be really good, so I'll be very tempted by these colourful versions. :D

I prefer the DX3 Urethane Over the DX2, but the DX2 is still a good ball. Wilson have no plans at present to produce them in the Optix colourways, at least not that my friend is aware of. Apparently a race to market with the DX2 in order to beat other manufacturers planning to release similar options.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Can't argue about the Volvik playing like a stone although the yellow and green were very easy to spot especially in the rough. Would be interested to see how their yellow versions stand out.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Saying Volvik balls are like stones belongs with the same sort of comment about Topflite balls.

They make a range of balls and it depends upon the model.

Digger

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Srixon AD333 in yellow. Grade B lake balls off e bay £20.00 for 50. I laugh when I lose one at 40p each. ;) (They're great condition for Grade B too)

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was talking specifically about the Vivid which I didn't like at all and definitely thought it was hard off the face.

It's funny the Vivid is the only Volvik ball I have played and I found it to be a very soft feeling ball ( I play forged irons) with good drop and stop. For comparison I normally play Bridgestone B330 RXS, Prov1 and similar. What I found difficult was spotting an orange ball in long greenside grass and amongst leaves across the fairway. I have put it aside for the moment to try in the summer.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Picked up a box of the yellow in AG yesterday to try Today. When I got there they were doing a drop test alongside the Volvik, the Wilson ball was bouncing significantly higher than the Volvik. It doesn’t feel too much different to hold but it does feel a lot better off the irons. Hit some sweet shots in the frost today, very pleased with feel and distance, didn’t seem like it was playing winter golf, aside from the frozen greens. No chance to see how it would play into a soft green today. The Matt finish was actually quite nice, easy to spot but the yellow is not quite as vivid as the Volvik, it could do with being a shade brighter. Putting wise it felt soft off the Scotty too. All in all though, didn’t lose it, didn’t scuff or damage it and was quite happy with the way it played, happy to use as a winter ball.