Multi coloured balls

ruff-driver

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Discounting those tat novelty and two tone titanium models ,that seems to leave the truvis as the only multi coloured ball on the market.

It's that time of year that the leaf pixies try their damnedest to hide your ball around the course, even yellow seem to vanish at times .

Is there really no market for such balls?

I find it hard to believe after the success of the truvis, callaway have cornered the market and nobody else have even trialed a product.

Not paying truvis prices so back to my sharpie doodles :D or have i missed any alternatives?

D

Deleted member 16999

I used a Volvik ball yesterday, bright orange, couldn’t believe how easy it was to see, both in the air and on the ground, really easy to follow.

Have concerns with it around the green as it seemed harder than my normal ball.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
I bought a sleeve of truvis, lost the first and put a big crack in the second so bad that it went halfway round the ball, inside 18 holes. The 3rd in in my car boot probably never to be used.

ruff-driver

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I used a Volvik ball yesterday, bright orange, couldn’t believe how easy it was to see, both in the air and on the ground, really easy to follow.

Have concerns with it around the green as it seemed harder than my normal ball.

The pro gave me a yellow one to try yesterday, lost it in the leaves on the 5th :D
agreed they were very firm , not tried the premium model but at £ 4-5 a ball i'm out.

D

Deleted member 16999

The pro gave me a yellow one to try yesterday, lost it in the leaves on the 5th :D
agreed they were very firm , not tried the premium model but at £ 4-5 a ball i'm out.
At this time of year you can lose any colour in the leaves :rofl:

My 3 pack was also a freebie, normally £9.99 for them, as you say a bit steep for a winter ball.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Think wilson are bringing out a volvik type ball

Think it’s called duo?

They have been banging on about it on Twitter.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Think wilson are bringing out a volvik type ball

Think it’s called duo?

They have been banging on about it on Twitter.

Yeah, saw this. Wilson Duo Optix. Seems to be very similar to the Volvik offering in that they’re very bright with a matte finish. I use the Volvik Vivid and like them as a ball however do find them harder around the green so would be interested in trying the Wilson one

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
White (when bright) actually seems to stand out best for me in leaves etc that abound at this time of year! Still have to actually be able to see part of it! Frustrating when it 'hides' under loads of leaves!

Fore Right!

Visit site
found a Volvic vivid green last week (so you can loose these balls as well).... thought I'd see how it played - par'd next hole, ball looked good in the air. I then promptly lost it off the tee on the next hole - as my provisional went straight down the fairway it was obviously a faulty ball ;-)

NorwichBanana

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Yeah, saw this. Wilson Duo Optix. Seems to be very similar to the Volvik offering in that they’re very bright with a matte finish. I use the Volvik Vivid and like them as a ball however do find them harder around the green so would be interested in trying the Wilson one

Due for release late November.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Indeed in the UK.

I spoke to Wilson Staff UK and they were very quiet about it, but said more info due soon.
So I spoke to a Wilson Staff employee who was more than happy to spill the beans :D!

cheers pal

Any idea of the price range?

I assume they are basically like a DX2?