Mud Balls

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Resurrecting the course closure thread was just a bit of fun, but to demonstrate how bad things have become I received an email today off the club telling me that they are introducing lift and clean, including during competition play.

It appears that Durham County have received numerous requests for placing to allowed. Whilst they have said no to that they have agreed to the introduction of Model Local Rule E-2, mark, lift, clean and replace. This is a first, so it just shows how bad things are.

He's hoping for a bit of sun, preferably a prolonged period, as much for my spirit as for the golf.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played at Weston-Super-Mare yesterday, supposedly a links course, and we were getting mud balls due to the recent wet weather.

wjemather

Visit site
Resurrecting the course closure thread was just a bit of fun, but to demonstrate how bad things have become I received an email today off the club telling me that they are introducing lift and clean, including during competition play.

It appears that Durham County have received numerous requests for placing to allowed. Whilst they have said no to that they have agreed to the introduction of Model Local Rule E-2, mark, lift, clean and replace. This is a first, so it just shows how bad things are.

He's hoping for a bit of sun, preferably a prolonged period, as much for my spirit as for the golf.
I'd say the chances of everyone actually "replacing" rather than preferring their lie are extremely slim.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site

Which club is that?

Budds

Banned
Visit site
I'm not sure whether I prefer this year's rain affected loss of distance or the likes of 1976 drought affected rock hard fairways that required significantly better accuracy. '76's heatwave Bordeaux wines were far better than downpour affected 77's too, though, unlike 1976, I believe Europe's weather has been significantly different to UK's.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Not far from me in Sunderland. Don’t know what your course is like but ramside looking more like the summer again this week.
Ours was getting there until today's deluge. They closed it mid-afternoon as the greens were flooding, and seeing as it is forecast to be heavy into the early hours it will most probably be closed tomorrow. It is however the last of our Mid-Week Stableford qualifiers and I know they will want to get it done as the final is on the 27th and time is running out for re-scheduling, so they just might bite the bullet and open it.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Just checked ours today and the Women’s championship was on one of the courses. Thankfully this bout won’t last long.