Moving House

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
We've been looking around at bungalows on and off for about 6 months. Everytime a suitable one pops up we go and view, they're really out of our price range as they are at a premium round here but still we've been looking. Then, a three bed house appeared. We went to view. Wife didn't really say much, so I thought that was that. Then yesterdays sunday dinner booze fest loosened her up a bit and she actually loved the place. It's still a bit of a stretch, and there was an offer already in, but we've been to see the agent, who we know quite well, and we've offered the same. Now it's a race to see if we can sell before the other couple.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
We've been looking around at bungalows on and off for about 6 months. Everytime a suitable one pops up we go and view, they're really out of our price range as they are at a premium round here but still we've been looking. Then, a three bed house appeared. We went to view. Wife didn't really say much, so I thought that was that. Then yesterdays sunday dinner booze fest loosened her up a bit and she actually loved the place. It's still a bit of a stretch, and there was an offer already in, but we've been to see the agent, who we know quite well, and we've offered the same. Now it's a race to see if we can sell before the other couple.

Buying the house to convert it into a Bungalow?😁

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Where I live 3 bed bungalows command the same sort of prices as a 4 bed detached.

You also have to be quick, most go the day they are advertised. My neighbour got £50k over the asking price for hers.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Unfortunately the way it has to be done ( in areas of high demand, geographically or property type) is sell first and once your buyers surveys and mortgage applications are in, only at that point will you start to be taken seriously as a buyer.

Then it’s a case of seeing what is on the market at that time.

You aren’t bound until exchange of contracts

Good luck, it’s dog eat dog out there

adam6177

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What happened to the housing market meltdown? 🤔

It's alive and well here (Hastings East Sussex)... I've been in rented for years and am looking to buy starting next month. House prices have come down upwards of 15% already.
Being a seaside town 3 bed bungalows are common as muck, we lived in one for 3 years with our young son and bungalow living is great.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Best of luck mate (y)

D-S

Visit site
It's alive and well here (Hastings East Sussex)... I've been in rented for years and am looking to buy starting next month. House prices have come down upwards of 15% already.
Being a seaside town 3 bed bungalows are common as muck, we lived in one for 3 years with our young son and bungalow living is great.
Though I feel sorry for those who have bought recently, especially first time buyers, this is long, long overdue. The proportion of lifetime income spent buying houses in the UK is frightening.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Have just done the move house thing, moved from down south to Fife. Had to cope with the whole England to Scotland process which actually wasn’t too bad. The previous owners took our offer and were happy to wait for a couple of months whilst we sorted ours out. As it happens, we sold ours in a week to cash buyers and it all went pretty smoothly.

There’s a 3 bed 2 bathroom bungalow for sale in our street right now, £200k fixed price. It’s fairly modern, about 12 years old, assuming it was built around the same time as ours….

The move up here has been great. Good golf, great scenery, beaches close by, and most surprisingly, very little rain and no snow.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
We had a mad day on tidying and cleaning on Monday the attic is cluttered up now. Piccies done yesterday. House goes up with the agent who's selling the one we want. They sound confident they can pull this off and are moving heaven and earth to do it, who said agents are rubbish? I've been very impressed at their get at them attitude. The wife keeps saying shall we buy ours, now its all tidy. Isn't she funny😁

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Been to see the new house again yesterday. The people in it were amazed ours sold so fast. They were unsure of the situation, but I assured them we were now in pole position and were not looking anywhere else. the lady was dead chuffed and gave us a hug😁